Author Topic: MPCs and Shifters.  (Read 1229 times)

Arcus

• Outlander
MPCs and Shifters.
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:17:50 PM »
For shifters: Using the PnP explanation of them here and the Extra Feats every character gets at level two, the ability to copy forms, if only in appearance. One extra feat used as a form copier, the rest used for the various forms. Perhaps some sort of rest menu addition for the deletion of shapes.

Slightly more drastic: Lessen the requirements of undead, outsider, and construct shape, but delete the forms it gives. Taking these feats allow shifters to copy the forms of undead, outsiders, and constructs.

This might've been buried in the other topic, so while I'm suggesting things.. Allow players to request monster pcs as new characters. They can be a peasant that got turned, or just a wererat that got pulled into the mists, etc.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: MPCs and Shifters.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
It'd be easier to have directly a character as a monster, after an application, with a level decided by the CC or DMs. The development before of the turning can be in background, it would avoid many other issues. Applications for monsters are anyway valued according to IC intentions and OOC reliability of the player basically (and knowledge of the setting/race/role): one who wants to play, let's say, a wererat woulld probably already follow some path leading to that mainly on an OOC basis, the player wants that, the development is according to that, why not having it "hastened"?.

Being an MPC is almost as playing an NPC, according to new rules, I just wonder why not having a preset MPC to play (considered they don't follow the same xp/loot/rp system of the "common players"). If you trust a player to be in the role of the MPC, why not giving him/her a premade role to play to start with? I honestly always wonder about this more than anything else for what MPCs are concerned.

This was in the MPC level loss topic, and this is basically what dm tarroka suggested If i am not mistaken.

Arcus

• Outlander
Re: MPCs and Shifters.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
Yeah. Just looked like it got buried and I really liked the idea, so.