You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Har-akir - balance of treasure rewards here and there  (Read 1758 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Har-akir - balance of treasure rewards here and there
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:28:50 PM »
Starting with Hotep's Crypt:

What I found in the containers there were mostly thieves' tools, +10 ones at the highest, and then two cold-forged scimitars and a whetstone. That place is pretty epic, not to mention what you have to go through just to enter it...so rewards like this are waaay off.

High_Priestess_of_Tinsel

• Undead Slayer
Re: Har-akir - balance of treasure rewards here and there
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
This is the dungeon that takes quite a while to get through with a party? Because if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's -wonderful- and I love the place! I do agree that the rewards don't justify the time and effort put into raiding the place though. Thieve's tools are needded for that dungeon so they get used almost as soon as you find them and the valuables aren't all -that- valuable. Some more gold items and potions would be good as the Egyptians got buried with vast ammounts of things like incense, gold, statuettes and all manner of lotions and potions for the afterlife. Maybe even the odd rod or wand...

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:37:47 AM »
I was recently told , true or not, that there is a 7k limit on the treasure tables there.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
Hotep's crypt was changed recently, some chests added and whatnot. I was implosionized there last time as should be clear to everyone by now, so the rewards are unknown to me.

As for thieves' tools and a whole lot of warrior sashes in loot, that which can be found in piles around the desert, some more variety would be nice to see. Nothing fancy necessarily, just variety of cheap stuff.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
I was recently told , true or not, that there is a 7k limit on the treasure tables there.

Think we caught a whiff of that last night. Lot of time spent, not a single coin earned. What's up with that?

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »
I'm thinking now the 4 end chests were bugged , because fighting through Greater Mummy guards , upward to ancient mummy lords & priests & finding all four chests empty , well they might as well put a sign up next to the vistani wagon saying "Don't bother"

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
I found a neat-o dagger in one of the chests in the Hotep room.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Seems they were glitchy at the time , a return visit yeilded a very authentic array of treasure.