Author Topic: Pages added to the back of a wizard's spellbook. (Zachary's journal)  (Read 9723 times)

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Pages added to the back of a wizard's spellbook. (Zachary's journal)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:44:09 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:44:29 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 04:12:50 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:44:42 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 04:24:50 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:45:09 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 04:41:14 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:45:37 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 04:54:43 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:46:30 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 01:29:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:47:14 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:48:08 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:48:37 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 02:51:16 AM »
Found a lot of mist near the crypts today. I walked through it, it was quiet. I went into the crypt to see if anything would happen. It was calm, quiet. Adventurers must have been through only an hour or two ago. I continued on, hoping I would find something. Sadly, there was nothing.  

Where do I begin my research? The obvious answer is Port, what with its number of libraries and the university. More than that, Dr.Drukker owes me a favour and might be able to help. I ought to check the bookstore in Vallaki before I leave. Despite being a backwater nowhere, one never knows what books and information travel the land. There's the wizard in Hazlan as well who has a healthy stock of books. I imagine his are all magical in nature, but I shouldn't just assume.

It's quite impressive how so many are so entirely indifferent to their surroundings.

The amount of books this elf has is frustrating, it clutters up libraries while I try to find real information.

------ Find more about Andre Bellamont. From Richemulot.
------ Get detailed maps of the world and the nations in it. Ste.Ronges. Teufeldorf.

I've gone through Houlgrave's regular collection. It's given me a few ideas. Bellamonte writes from nightmares, potentially visions of things happening to others. How strikingly familiar.
I went through a few history books to see if I could find any maps. It's making me wonder about ruins, if I could find anything of use in ruins. I might be able to find something useful, considering the knowledge typically sought is magical in nature.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:13:26 AM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »
Visited Port today. The city seems about ready to rip itself apart, I dare not walk through it without defensive precautions. I wonder if Dr.Drukker is still here. I'll have to research quickly

Why does that elf have so many published books here as well? Why can I not research without his books cluttering the shelves?

Saint Igrayne Blaithe
-Holy woman of Ezra, born in Mordentshire.
-Fiends used her dreams to try and tempt her with power. Showed her visions of everything she desired.
-The story is quite embellished. It's possible dream fiends did come for her tough.

Descriptions taken from Sailing the Sea of Sorrows - Pirate Havens.
Ports:
Mordentshire - Mordent
Ludendorf - Lamordia?
Martira Bay - Darkon?
Port-a-Lucine  - Dementlieu

Darkon has a jagged coast. Offshore islands.
Lamordia has contorted waterways, trecharous bays, islands.

Islands at sea:
Dominia - Nothing in the way of shelter. I'm assuming it means bays and inlets.
Northwest of Dominia is a chain of 5 islands. Bays of Markovia. Blaustein.

Darkon on top, Falkovnia borders it. Based on the propaganda in Port right now, Falkovnia borders Borca, Lamordia, Mordent, Richemulot, Dementlieu. Mordent and Richemulot border each other. Had to pass through Borca and Richemulot to get to Mordent.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
I hate you Zecht d'Selvarine. Why do you litter with your novels. Why are there so many copies of the same books in the library? I would happily burn everything ever written by you if it meant shelf space could be dedicated to something more worthy, like medical journals or maps. The entire last row of shelves was entirely dedicated to that pathetic novelist! I can only hope that all of the worthwhile books are being borrowed or transcribed in light of the war, and this isn't a representation of their true collection.

The Forgotten Sensations
Essay written by Richemulot author Francois de Penible. Describes a human empathetic link that is lost as people stop toiling in life, that toiling brings people together and is where our humanity is derived from. Interesting idea, could tie into the ideas surrounding studies of nightmares and suffering of the mind. That studying hardships of the mind can bring about a greater understanding of what makes one human.

That was the last interesting book to be found in the grand library. I'll visit the hidden bookstore next. What a relief this place is. Unfortunately it is mostly magical knowledge. I did find more written by Francois de Penible.

In his essay the Pain of Plenty, he describes how those who are well off cannot appreciate what they have since they have never done without.

In Lessons in Agony, he goes into great detail about how pain and suffering allows us to appreciate life, that it gives us new perspective. The conclusion is fascinating, the man who enjoys life most is the man who is in agony at all times. And is this not what the nightmare painter delivered? I wonder if this is at all connected, what is it being studied in Dominia? I bought this book and added it to my collection.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
Where do I even begin. Perhaps in the proper order timewise, although it appears to me now that everything ties together. It's occurred to me I'm now walking the same path as a man I stopped at nothing to put an end to, including putting my own life at risk. The irony isn't lost on me, at this point I'm reveling in the ironies in my continued existence. Death isn't particularly an option now, it seems to be a question of how I will die. I can't keep going on like this, if my studies don't kill me it will be lack of nourishment. It's so hard to eat, and yet even that was brought about by the nightmares. I cannot help but feel, this is part of the lessons the nightly ones are teaching me.

In truth, this all excites me. The night is finally listening when I speak. This is how she found me that one night as I stood at the mine where I last met Livia, musing to myself about times since past. She offered me insight, the cost being my blood. But in turn, she gave me hers, the reagent for her magic. In the dream space we both stood within, she showed me visions of those she walked with, her family. Their pain, their sorrow, and their end. Many faces I recognized, it struck me the crimes I committed against them. In my own blindness, clinging onto life as though it were the only thing I owned, I did to them what others were doing to me. Why is it that those with the least to live for cling to life the fiercest? I don't know. Only now am I starting to feel liberated. An active goal to work towards, I feel more alive now than I have over the last year. The most important thing is, she fed me such a potent reagent. I focused and worked to try and see if I could sense residue of it within myself, if there was any left or if her rite had exhausted it. At the time, I wasn't certain what I would do with it if traces were left. Only that, I would figure something out.

And this leads into my next expedition. I left with small group for the skeletal cave so we could collect the key to the tainted underfortress. In that cave, the mist came for me again, and a nightmare. The most noteworthy thing about the dream is the pain in my arm and shoulder. I can't recall all of the details, but I'm pretty certain it was the same arm she bit me in. And the same arm I would be bit on again in following days. The bite left my hand partially numb for a few hours, in the dream I heard voices telling me to try and move my hand. And then, all went dark. Their voices called out for me, but became faint. I had died. In the darkness, I was surrounded by monster. I only caught glimpses of them as they circled me, clawing and snapping a me like a pack of wolves toying with their prey. The nightmare phantom's minions, he has returned for me. The entire evening I thought about how I would approach him, asking for insight to his power, figuring out what I could offer him in exchange. The truly wonderful thing about this dream, the meaning behind it, is something that was revealed to me days later.

We went into the underfortress. As usual, its residents watched us, laying traps for us. Inari and Tabitha joined along, both were unnerved that it was somehow different from usual. Rest assured, you two, the night is thick in this lair. Only once did I come down here and find it calm with mindless animations. This is the lair where the shadows came to steal Laila, a lair with some dark master that spared no expense in the creations he sent at us. We made it to the northern area. I pulled the switches hidden in the bricks and led us to the door straight into the library. This is where it gets exciting again, none of us had keys. And yet, the door opened. I'm certain, it opened for me. Down in the library, a little ways in, another door stood before us. The party murmured to one another about not being able to go further, but I spoke to the darkness to open the door. The darkness listened, the door opened. I cannot even begin to express how good that felt. In that room, the party fought a horde of shadows, and I began to explore the shelves. It was then that something happened. I felt a sheer and utter chill within my veins. Blood residue, traces of it are still within me! I have a theory, with it inside myself the night recognizes me as being worth its while and will listen. I'm not sure how long I stood there focusing on the chill in my veins, trying to isolate it. When I looked back, the party was gone. I was more than happy to see them leave. I sat on a bench nearby and continued to focus, attempting to exert control over it. It seems almost sentient, it resisted and the cold feeling faded once more. Was it the taint of the underfortress that drew it out? Or did it simply wish to make its presence known to me? I'm uncertain, I may go and hide within the Terg crypts and see if I can sense it once more.

The pieces began to come together more a few days later. One of those whom I had wronged, it turns out she still exists! I apologized, we spoke for some time. The nightmares, she said, are fate. I explained, it seems to be quite deliberate, as though purposely being given to me. She then expanded on her statement-- In her final months, the nightmares came for her too.

It's quite exciting, overwhelming, stunning. I don't even know how to describe my thoughts, it's beyond words. I've figured out the first thing I will attempt to do with the blood, experiment to see if I can draw from its regenerative properties and restore my body at all.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 07:25:07 AM »
It's not terribly often I reflect on the past anymore. Tonight I found myself being poetic, for the first time since the nightmares. It's so strange, I never would have thought I could feel poetic without a sense of hope. If poetry and dreams travel together hand in hand, perhaps this is the first step towards my goal.

One and two stood up for their beliefs right up until the end.

Three and four walked off into the woods, not able to find a place in the world.

Five was a code-breaking bastard who readily sold himself for a quick perceived gain.

I am six.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »
Progress with one of my goals. Inari is becoming more paranoid. Even better, the mists are coming for her. Unfortunately she is reaching the same conclusion I reached, I will have to see if I can inspire any faith in the world in her. As long as she holds some sort of hope or joy or reason to cling to life, she will feel nothing but terror. At the same time, I want to alienate her from everyone she knows. I remember how it was to be abandoned when I needed everyone the most. Abandonment is ultimately a better goal than having a single hope to cling onto.

I attempted to seduce her to see if that would have a positive effect, it seems her nightmares have left her uninspired. I worry about her skin, it is unnaturally rough like tree bark. Is she like that on her entire body? She suggested she was. This might be a terrible idea. At the same time, it would be quite satisfying. In her most vulnerable state, she would be mine. Her sensations, her emotions Her emotions already are mine, I have figured out how to induce paranoia in her.
                      This would simply be a continuation of control over her.

To make her feel such intense paranoia. The only proper revenge. With practice, I could have her suffer her own thoughts. The power of nightmares, she will torture herself when I am not present! Every shadow, every nook and cranny, every creak and rattle. My implements of torture.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:25 PM »
[Written in Dalespeak]

I spoke with her again.

The essence of the entire conversation, that I need to truly think on what it is that I want.
She presented me with 2 paths. The path of power, and the path of serenity.

After a lot of thought, I've realized it's neither that I want.
I've never cared for power, it is so fleeting and comparitively weak. There will always be someone more powerful, someone with something more. It is a greed cycle of obtaining and searching for more. An obsessiveness that gets one killed. Power, the raw strength. The magical capability.
I do enjoy my discussions with her. I do not grasp everything she says, she attempts to put words to that which has no language. I learn much, in my listening and interpreting I end up reflecting. However, I'm not certain I want her offering either. The path of serenity, the quest for it. I've made peace with myself, what more is there? It's very possible I simply do not comprehend what she is offering, but through piecing it together, it seems very withdrawn and meditative. It was always a possibility for me to take that path right now, to leave the game and just settle in Krofburg. But I don't, I never did, even when things were at their worst. I love the game, I love the thrill. I worry that this path is boring, to put it bluntly.

I've given words to what I actually want. Control and respect.
Even the power that I deeply desire, the power over dreamspace, is rooted in control. To control someone's dreams is to control their very existence. Raw power is so limited, so unrefined in comparison. Control requires imagination, it requires intelligence. If I can control power-chasers, I therefore control their power. It's what we did back home, we  fought the Zhentarim with adventuerers. I'm quite certain only dreamers could ever understand just what this power is, even the power-hungry Livia is terrified of it and fights it.
Respect I have chased for so long. I've bled, I've murdered, I've shown exactly what my training is for. I've been walked on, ignored, treated like a dog. I'm not chasing it anymore. Save for the civilization of the night, my work is entirely freelance. It feels good for my talents to be recognised by someone. Within hours I had results, and over the next week built on the case.

Ultimately, the things I want I am actively working to achieve. The one thing I want more than anything is rooted in Dominia it seems. Both paths she offered I am completely indifferent to. I'm here because I hate myself, because my life has gone so terribly wrong in so many regards. How much worse can it get? I want to see where this is all going, I enjoy this. They approached me, I was not the one out seeking power. Perhaps the question is then irrelevant regarding the path I wish to take, because it's not my wish in the first place. I don't particularly care, I enjoy walking the path for its own sake. I'm quite excited to be offered a place in their society, but it's not because I particularly seek any sort of power. The recognition feels good, as does the sheer wrongness of it all. They don't have what I want, but they make good company.

I might be able to convince them to give me particular rings I need though, that would offer new opportunities for the assignment. None of the merchants seem to ever get them in stock.

It seems like Livia is organizing some sort of expedition to Dominia. I'm looking forward to it. There's got to be something I can offer that will encourage them to teach me. Livia and the others will be working to break free from the nightmares, I could potentially use them as bargaining tokens.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
I need this ring. It's not a matter of question anymore. And like always, the thing I can count on the most is myself. Time to truly put all the skills I learned in the Vardo to use, I will find this ring. And so here I sit, in this frozen hole on the top of a mountain. I know Amaril spent a lot of time here. I will have my ring.

At the very least, I did acquire another shapechange scroll.

[quickly scrawled onto the same page]
And here I sit, shivering while going over my spells once more. It seems fire can't harm the ice-queen. And it seems her icy gaze can always catch me. It is fine. It is fine. I've got more spells where that came from. Mostly everything else is dead, she'll be next. I am a wizard. I can do anything.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:56:41 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
[written in Dalespeak]

It was so tempting to kill Dumitrascu while he laid there unconscious, helpless. But it would have interfered with the nightmare experiments, I cannot let hate get in the way of study.

Mother is a pathetic vampire, she doesn't understand art in the least. She is a wild dog searching for food, and that's it. She may as well be a zombie or a ghoul. How rude of her to interrupt my conversation with the mist. I didn't want to stay in that temple. I try to avoid temples, I don't know if holy ground will harm the blood I consumed. The truth to the mist is, when it wants to see me it will come for me, regardless of where I am. I know this, and yet there is that excitement that it is coming that draws me to search for it.

I almost had Inari alone, I have plans for further nightmare experiments on her. Although I wasn't able to catch her alone, I did discover an important detail. She has a lover, a woman named Rose. Inari stated how she is the only thing keeping her stable. I'll have to do something about this.

And then there's that bard.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:09 AM »
[The entry is written and Dalespeak, and all of the names in the entry are represented with symbols, much like the 1st entry to his journal]

I ought to begin keeping track. These are things I never want to forget, and the time will probably come when the numbers will be so great I won't remember them all. I want to remember each and every one of them.

[Nashia] * - A mistake. Nevio began to talk about things that would have gotten my only friend, Zazel, killed. Both her and her armour were clearly possessed, it was entirely within the realm of possibility that they could hear Nevio. I told them to kill her to change the topic. I lost control of the situation.

[Karas] * - I did a lot of work against him. It really began after he cheated on his wife. She left him, I pursued her because I knew he was possessive. He had a new girlfriend, but that wouldn't be enough. Surely enough, he came after me. He murdered us both, apparently I went missing for a few days. I don't remember terribly well the sequence that led up to it. The next major action against him was to try and get him booted from the Vardo. Everyone wanted to kill him, but there were a number of barriers in the way. I eliminated the barriers one by one. He convinced Rosegrave it would be good to perform a rite that could summon vampires. I could tell as he described the rite to me it would be a bad idea, I could tell it would likely harm me. I went through with it, because if I died the burden of it would fall on his shoulders. The rite was even bigger of a failure than I originally anticipated. I was amazed to discover, for all of the emphasis placed on rules, the Vardo never actually held any of them up. Despite getting everyone in the room killed, he wasn't executed. Nor was he removed right away. Although, if I didn't act against him, he likely wouldn't have been removed at all.
Next, when he began plotting against the Drain, I warned them about it. They immediately hunted him down. I don't know how he returned from that.
Finally, he planned on attacking the citadel to save Anya. I had full details and warned Dumitrascu. If he acted on those details that night, the deaths of 12 garda could have been prevented. But he didn't. How ironic he would later come after me, for the sin of inaction.

[Selena] - Incompetent and needed to disappear. Job assigned by Cristo. Went into hiding, escaping death.

[Elle] - Broken contract. Job from Luciana Armont. Expected her to die, Armont didn't have her killed.

[Vela] - Broken contract. Job from Luciana Armont. Expected her to die, Armont didn't have her killed.

[Serafim] - Ezrite inquisitor investigating heresy. General job assigned to all Vardo members by Vasco.

[Krow] - Ezrite inquisitor investigating heresy. General job assigned to all Vardo members by Vasco.

[Suzannah] ~* - Threats. Somehow came back.

[A caliban] * - Needed to take the heat away from a Krezk member, for his health. Was my idea, I forget what Vasco wanted to do. Something stupid, I'm sure. In fact, delving into the entire matter was all me. Vasco wanted nothing to do with it. I was the only one who cared about the organization, and they left me to hang.

[Absalom] * - Traitor.

[Severo] * - A bounty on him. He was reckless, one of Scurvy's uncontrolled lackeys.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:27:32 PM by Norture »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 02:21:35 AM »
[written in Dalespeak]

Case study: Inari

Notable friends/relationships:
Rose - Lover. Inari proclaimed how she keeps her sane. Probably a member of the sisterhood.
Michael - Teaching her how to investigate. Followed them as they went to the abandoned house on the lake.
Kiyomizu - Teaching her bushido-related things, learned from her journal.
Darian - Teaching her warrior-related things, learned from her journal
Jade - Brought Inari's ire for wishing to pursue vengeance for her.
-Aleena. Mentioned in privacy with Rose, potentially being brought into the sisterhood.

She has a sisterhood, few concrete details on it so far.
Female names mentioned in her journal:
-Lilith. Probably the same one as that horribly annoying woman.
-Tabitha. Mentioned frequently.
-Kia.
-Chali. Mentioned frequently.
Anastacia Rotfurt - Possibly not a member, but just a friend.
-Linnea
-Adelaide. Also seeks revenge.

Notable history:
-Formerly had issues with nightmares due to repressed past. Fear of her father before remembering everything. Being lashed, beaten, cut by his blade, forced to fight, sternness, him looming over her.
-Experienced traumatizing rape, seems to have effected her similarly to Livia. She attempts to control the hate in her. She holds the same desire to not be used or controlled any further.
-Former member of the Wayfarer's Kinship.
-Killed the balor that Vasco summoned to kill Absalom with. It is named Iblis.
-Child of one of the 5 men she dedicated herself against (1st man, begged for mercy due to family), Modesto. Shot himself in the head in front of her, once realizing who she was. She feels a form of guilt for it. Not guilt, self-loathing, that the child's suffering is what her friends should hate her for.
-Killed the twin brother of the 5th man, an innocent who in his death forgave her.
-Mentions furies pushing her to do things.

Other notes:
-Does not follow any religion.
-Desires to stop regretting her actions.

Experiment 1:
Attempting a form of hypnosis on her. Utilizing the domination spell during her sleep and whispering visions to her, for her to experience.
-The setting involved endless rooms and corridors of an old house. Windows boarded up, furniture covered and shoved into corners. No matter how much she wandered, she could not find an exit. To her side, she noticed eyes peering out at her. She looked to her other side, noticed more eyes peering out at her. Spiders flooded out from under the crowded corners of the room, chasing her.
-The dream was interrupted. The real mist came for me, and targeted her instead. Apparently it is difficult for the mist to target me specifically, it now confuses both Inari and myself, and calls out for me when they capture Inari instead. I assume due to the fact it came for me while I had the domination spell cast upon her.

Future experiments should build upon the setting and include traumatizing elements from her past. My goal will be to induce a sense of paranoia within her.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 02:34:27 AM »
I need to continue recording my dreams. I think about them frequently and the technique behind them. Eventually I will write a case study on myself and my dream experience.

I'm fairly certain it is Dr.Heinfroth speaking out to me during the dreams, asking if I can hear him and respond (Especially considering the dream where I saw him briefly). Within the last dream, he began asking what is it I was experiencing, what was painted on the canvas. For further context, days later a Morninglordian priest, the one involved in the burials of the Mutus and others tied to the cases, described nightmare creatures who feed upon fear. I'm wondering if Dr.Heinfroth is attempting to tap into the realm of nightmares as well. While he has further success than I have had thus far, the fact that he was asking what was painted on the canvas is intriguing. Perhaps the nightmares are not of his creation, but a thing he is studying in an attempt to control and understand.

I look forward to returning to Dominia. I realize there's the potential that I could be locked up, never to return, but I am confident in myself. Nightmares are of little interest to most individuals it appears. This is a very specific sort of study, I am certain I could be an asset to his research. Perhaps breakthroughs I have with my own techniques could offer new insight.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
[Written in Dalespeak]
It's been days since our last meeting. I want to write about it, but I just cannot figure out how. The only feelings it is ever safe to admit to are the negative ones. Perhaps I shall start there. I feel afraid, nervous. The fear that I have something to lose. Given everything that has happened, this is quite a feat in itself. It's so hard to be afraid of the material world when the immaterial one captures the essence of fear for me to experience again and again. However, this is a different sort of fear. The anxiety that bad things may happen to one I care about. It isn't that anything bad has happened, it is the looming threat that something perhaps could happen in the future, at an unstated point of time. She seemed irritated when I was reluctant to leave, she is indeed more powerful and capable than I am. There is no logical need for me to be protective. Since leaving, I've reflected on my actions, based in instinct and emotion, and rooting from fear. I would experiment with this fear on Inari, but I would rather attempt to alienate her fully. It's something to keep in mind with others. Could I numb Inari's friends to the concept of losing her if I exposed them to the fear of it long enough? It runs the risk of making them care even more. Best to not tamper with it, I have better plans for them.

But back on topic, to the discussion between us, the real lesson is it is acceptable to be a paradox. I do not have to be logical, I can be both sensuous and scheming. Just as her hands are cold, her touch pulling the heat from my skin. And yet there is a warmth to her, a warmth she gives me that was not there before. We don't need to make sense, we are not sequential systems. We are something more lyrical. ABC 123 is not a song, I am not bound to follow my previous actions like a logical sequence.

Betrayal was a large theme. The fear of it. Another thing I do not want to consider terribly much. I admit a weakness, I am quick to love. And underlying that warmth is that fear. Just as she is afraid of me. The discussion raised the question, how do I choose who to harm and not harm? The common thread is a sense of trust, those who have never wronged me. Those who have been there when I needed them most. And out of that, she stated the true concern. That sometimes we betray because we have no choice. She brought him up, she compared herself to him. It hurt, but I explained it to her, she isn't like him in the least. I had no choice in killing him because he put others at risk. Potentially innocents even, I cannot even begin to guess the scope of the damage he could have caused. I killed him because he not only betrayed me, but others. Vasco handed me a torture helmet and a letter, telling me to deliver both to Jinx. How many would have been tortured for it? What about their families? The truth is, if he only betrayed me, I would have done nothing.

I've felt a sense of song since we spoke. Something I haven't felt terribly much at all after he betrayed me, in me the sound died. Indeed, this new dreamer walking the streets of Vallaki have raised a new need for song. She does not know I exist, but I know all about her. And perhaps I have someone to teach the songs to.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
Written in Dalespeak

I saw an owlbear. An actual owlbear. I've always felt attracted to Hazlan, I can finally put my finger on why. It reminds me of home. It is like a little slice of Faerun, it makes sense. Of course it represents all of the aspects I used to fight against, but here I am now. It feels so strange not caring! Like I should, but here I am!

An owlbear.
I still remember stories told to me as a child warning me about them. I still remember hearing a song about them at the Hill, a bard trying to pass the song on and get it to catch on. That the Dales were always sung of for their beauty, and the importance of having a new kind of discussion surrounding the dangers that lurked. A warning for travelers, and the moral that one cannot trust something to be perfect. Of course for us, it represented something more. The dangers that lurked, we loved them. We hungered for the shadows, like rays of light looking to fragment the night into thousands of shadows. And the constant rooting through the shadows, hungering for more.

This is my place in this world. It's a world of nothing but shadow. It is delicious, a feast to enjoy, to gorge myself in endlessly. No more pretense of ideals, I've transcended ideals.

Listen to me! The poetry is back, I feel renewed, invigorated. Inari, my dear, you will have to be set aside for now. What projects I have going on right now! Bigger things than you, my dear. Bigger things than you'll ever be. To think after everything that has happened I could ever approach the old ways again. But then, this is my adaptation. I have to embrace who I was to teach it, after all.

I feel a sense of excitement. Perhaps I will answer Roxanne's call. But as an unburdened individual.

It isn't often I meet someone of the right mindset to properly learn. This is such an exciting place and time. A lot of people are going to die in the upcoming weeks or months. How adorable, the children run around and play games, not realizing how they distract from the adults in the background. In their games, they are oblivious to all of the work they are generating. The pockets lined with their blood. And how eagerly they bleed, cutting off their limbs out of raw, emotional spite. It is in this turmoil that the real talent shines through. And shine it has.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 06:27:58 AM »
Written in Dalespeak

Severo's down. The way I see it, I saved Cael and Valkan, I bought them more time to perhaps figure out if they feel like being alive or not. Although it might be too late, I don't even know if they've been agitating powers-that-be. But without Severo around, perhaps they have a bit more time left. I must wonder, do they notice their numbers slowly dwindling? The number of mysteriously disappeared people among them?

I also saved the Ezrite church from massive embarrassment if that "Virgil" fellow actually tried bringing Severo to mass. Today, I am benevolent!

He probably won't be coming back, not with Cosmin's testament of what happened the other night. The elemental appearing just in time to keep Severo from being arrested or whatnot. To be quite honest, I did it because I thought it was silly to watch some nobody Garda harass Mihas. Then the second time, I got the idea in my head, why don't I make this thing follow Severo like it's obedient to him? Right here in front of the Garda, nobody would go hunting for witches that way. Let the crazy fey take the fall. And then, of course, Severo began to talk to it about how much Cosmin needed to die.

And then in the morning, Cosmin announced there was a bounty on him! I hadn't ever succeeded with a bounty hunt before, today would be the day I decided. What better way to rebuild reputation with the Garda. The situation constructed itself perfectly. I declined the reward, I told them to split it among themselves. For I am just an outlander, I don't have family here. I told them about the horrible monster Severo consorted with! How he plotted to kill the Garda! Half truths perhaps. Considering he has been wanted for violating his exile in the past, I imagine we won't be seeing him again. And if we do, it'll just be another bounty. He is quite skilled at generating work.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
[Written in Dalespeak]

Upon a good night's rest, I feel I ought to expand on my artistic genius a bit further.

The encounter with Dumitrascu was beautifully constructed. Every sentence, every word with intent. I linked this incident to the Jeslyn one. I reminded him, when dealing with men such as Severo and Jeslyn, you cannot delay! For delaying allows them the time they need to kill more garda. A subtle way to remind him, he has blood on his hands for the sin of inaction! The very sin he decided to torture me for.

I'm quite pleased to be getting the recognition I deserve. I was the competent one who held the Vardo together. Especially under Vasco, how I hate him! How many times did I request to be put on work I'm actually good at, only to be ignored and kept as paperwork boy and crafter? It was especially offensive when Vasco dismissed my request for ghost work, stating we would have no more ghosts. Then a week later, he hired someone as a ghost! Someone obvious, someone who has no business being in the position. I hate you, Silivasi!

Did Draguta take notice I was the one who actually cared about Popovici and uncovering the truth regarding the work against him, while Vasco kept trying to weasel out of the discussion and return to his gold counting? Did she ever stop to think, the wrong man was captain? I always envied Dimitri for being a Krezk member, I always wanted to do ghost work for Krezk. It was my goal, I jumped through so many hoops to try and show my loyalty, my dedication, my reliability. Since quitting, especially lately, I've been finding the perfect niche for myself. Working independently without incompetent leadership holding me back has let my talents shine perfectly.

Vasco has that stolen instrument Absalom possessed. If I do find him and kill him, it would make a wonderful gift along with Absalom's pin.