Author Topic: Lightweight hoods please  (Read 2504 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Lightweight hoods please
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
There are no hoods that weight less than 2 ibs around Vallaki for sale. Can you make them more common please?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Lightweight hoods please
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »
Didn't even know there were any. Of course, totally supported. It's just a piece of cloth. And helmets should remain the same or get a slight increase to their weights.

Antonus Taran

• Undead Master
  • The Order of Zarus
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
I'm all for increasing the weight of hoods to 45 lbs

maybe we'll see people use a different helmet for ONCE
Order of Zarus Forums

Antonus Taran - Zarusian War Chaplain

"Rejoice! Let the glory of battle envelop us! Let our enemies fear us, for we are Zarus' wrath!"

Mailbox0000

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »

Hood is just too sharp looking and fits near anything. Maybe if there were some hood variations.... [ponders]

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
What I would really like to see is the option to swap the head to one with a hood, there are a few varitions of them, but in general having the head with the hood as an option is neat, perticularly since than you can actually see the face.  I know it is possible, as I have seen it done before on another server.

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »

Signed.  I'm also in favor of adding more helmets that don't look like helmets.  Like, for example, masks.  Masks would be cool.

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
  • Lurue loves you-u-u-u-u!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
I have made the solemn vow that not one of my characters will ever wear those silly-looking face-obliterating hoods, however trendy they may be.  So I guess I don't really have a dog in this fight.  :P

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:05:03 AM »

Hoods are now restricted to the Barbarians only!

And there was much rejoicing as Kayne put his on backwards and accidentally killed everyone.

Isivien

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
well...there are different styles of hoods available and although nwn didn't give helmets that let you use your own character's face, there are some that do have faces.

I've seen a widget used on another server that lets you put a helmet on, apply the bonuses it gives, then remove it and keep them active so I know that's possible.

I'd like to see an option for an 'invisible' helmet added to the appearances like the 'invisible' cloak model but someone once told me that wasn't possible although I'm sure I saw an 'open-face' helmet on one server, I just forget which one so I can't check.

I wonder if the hat models could be used for helmets instead ?  I know i've seen them as both robes ad cloaks but  I don't know if they can be helmets or someone already would.

One thing to remember, is that in medieval times, people wore hoods almost all the time, even without cloaks, although their faces were still visible, like a winter coat's hood today.

All that said, I'm willing to take my sorceress's hood off if all the fighters will take their helmets and boots off.   :twisted:

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:23 PM »
I saw this on another server, and that is that there was a hood, that swapped your head model to the hooded one while you wore it. Now it was scripted so that hood was only tied to 1 charachter, so you couldn't trade it, but still. I liked it because it allowed one to have diffrent head models, and still be able to see one's face. Maybe there can be some of them here, allowing one to swap to the hood head model with the hood on, would be neat IMO.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
Most of the helmets are ass ugly, and there's not too many simple, light-weight options. You know what I would like? Hats. More hats. Or a hood option that is that big hat, so I can make my hood into a hat and my cape into a cape.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
Helmet models have to be concealing because it replaces the head model, I think, so hats aren't possible.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »
Helmet models have to be concealing because it replaces the head model, I think, so hats aren't possible.

Awww :(
That would explain the lack of cloth offerings too, I guess.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »
I seen other servers that one of the hood optitons, was replacing the head options was to replace the head, with one of the head options that had a hood options. I wonder if that would be possible here?

I do agree though it would be cool, to have more clothing options in particular.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
Funny thing that I created a topic on this almost one year after I posted here.

BUMP!

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »

Awww :(
That would explain the lack of cloth offerings too, I guess.
We could just find a good modeler to make more hats via cloaks and robes...

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."