You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Can't change skin / hair colour in character selection? Chrome everywhere!  (Read 9072 times)

Feronius

• Dark Power
Whatever skincolour or haircolour I select, it always ends up chrome or silver.. something weird, as if no textures at all are applied. The facial features and such disappear as well, even if the character would have a hat it would be chromed. How the heck do I solve this?

This happens both on your server, as the offline modes. It seems to be seperate of any serverissue or so, just NVN.
(Although it might have something to do with one of the downloads from here? No clue.. )

Help?

Countess29

• Undead Slayer
I had this issue a while back.. its either you dont have the updated cep or.. You didnt get all the cep files right when you loaded it up

Feronius

• Dark Power
Thanks, trying to sort that out properly this time around then.
You saved me a lot of digging and testing what the possible error was right there.

The only file I need is "CEP_23_Full_C.7z" from http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7849, right?

hugolino

• Dark Lord
You also need the hak specific for this world.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&id=6243&id=866

Feronius

• Dark Power
Aye, I have that one.. and it should work properly.

Feronius

• Dark Power
Weird, it still doesn't seem to work..

Edit: Parts of my UI are even disappearing now, like fonts and other stuff.. I'll probably just try a complete reinstall of the game, because this is pissing me off. Then I'll go past all the steps again, hopefully in the right order (If that even matters) and get it all working.

P.S. Should I download "Ravenloft_POTM_Update_1_80a.7z" as well or is it not needed? Doubt the problem lies there, but still asking.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:56:03 PM by Feronius »

Feronius

• Dark Power
Reinstalled everything.. that is, the entire Neverwinter Nights. Not any of the files from this site, etc.
But it still gives my character chrome skins upon creation..

Is it just my NVN setup and stuff that I have to redownload? Got them from GOG.com
Already needed to redownload it once because it did nothing at all at first, when I used their downloader.
(It seemed to work with the manual downloads, but I guess I cheered too soon.)

Edit: I believe I know how to fix the issue now, thanks a lot anyhow guys!
(It was the autopatching, apparently fucks things up.. so I need to manually download the critical rebuild or it won't do.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:44:58 PM by Feronius »

hugolino

• Dark Lord
Edit: I believe I know how to fix the issue now, thanks a lot anyhow guys!
(It was the autopatching, apparently fucks things up.. so I need to manually download the critical rebuild or it won't do.)

Oh, yeah. I had to critical rebuild too.