Author Topic: Selling supplies to the cargomaster in warehouse district Vallaki Tradehouse  (Read 2783 times)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
(oh boy, long title!)

This was implemented last update, based on an idea suggested somewhere (can't find where right now though).

If you ask the cargomaster if you can sell anything at the warehouses, he will now offer a list of items in need of supply. These are items craftable, so that crafters can now earn a living by producing these items sidelong with their normal crafting.

These are the items that may be in need of supply:

- Wagon wheels (woodworking)
- Barrels (woodworking)
- Large crates (woodworking)
- Small crates (woodworking)
- Horseshoes (pairs) (smithing, can now be crafted by having simply iron or bronze ingots on the anvil and no template)
- Leather bags (leatherworking)
- Boots (any type) (leatherworking)
- Studded Leather (any type) (leatherworking)
- Bronze spears (smithing)
- Bronze chain mail (any type) (smithing)
- Large shields (any type) (smithing)

Please post your comments and experiences with the system, as well as ideas.

hugolino

• Dark Lord
I searched for the original post proposing this idea too but couldn't find it. If I recall correctly, several of us came up with it quite a while ago inspired by the delivery quests that were added to PotM. I'm happy to see it become realized. Thank you for the update.

EDIT: I found it. Here is the link -- http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=20481.msg243613#msg243613
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:22:45 AM by hugolino »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
Ah, yeah, thanks for the idea :)

I noticed there's an error in the current implementation, not listing the prices rewarded right (most come up as 0 gp.) You should be getting gold still upon turning in items however.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Question can something like this be added for the port?

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
This is great, but...
Can we have it so we can select what want to turn in?
I jut turned in a bunch of bronze spears and accidentally turned in my Steal Oaken Large Shield.
Which is part of my fighting gear, not crafted junk to sell.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
it doesn't sell equipped gear

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
it doesn't sell equipped gear

Really not the point. It doesn't sell stuff in containers either.
But this is jut way too easy to accidentally sell stuff you don't want to.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
  • Lurue loves you-u-u-u-u!!!
I see what you mean.  Like perhaps if the list were broken down into choice options, like...

1.  36 horseshoes
2.  10 leather bags
3.  14 boots

...and so on.  Click or pick one and it claims every crafted item of that sort in your inventory (or up to however many the tradehouse needs, whichever's lower).

Of course, that idea still wouldn't differentiate between different varieties of those items.  Ersten Hain would still have to keep dropping her thick fur boots and crag cat boots (which she can sell to other PCs for a lot more than 10 Gold) on the floor before selling her deerskin leather boots to the tradehouse.  But we can't have everything.

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
It doesn't sell stuff in containers either.
Also, unfortunately, this isn't true.  I tested it out by leaving six pairs of boots inside one of Ersten's wooden boxes.  All six of them got sold.  :(

And I wouldn't advise leaving anything inside those crafted leather bags, either.  You'll sell the leather bag, and everything inside it will just poof into oblivion.

Forewarned is forearmed, eh?

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
It doesn't sell stuff in containers either.
Also, unfortunately, this isn't true.  I tested it out by leaving six pairs of boots inside one of Ersten's wooden boxes.  All six of them got sold.  :(

And I wouldn't advise leaving anything inside those crafted leather bags, either.  You'll sell the leather bag, and everything inside it will just poof into oblivion.

Forewarned is forearmed, eh?

Well. Giovanna has been making boots lately as her "profession" and when i turned in boots, the ones in my magic bags that I stufed there so I could have 6 boots int he space one normally takes up, the ones in the bags didn't get turned in. So I dunno what's up there. Consistently the crafted boots in the bags don't get turned in. I have to pull them out after the rest are turned in to turn them in.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
I wonder can this system be added to the port?

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
Question can something like this be added for the port?
I wonder can this system be added to the port?
I think Herkles might be asking some question about some port somewhere.  :P

Also, the tradehouse system may differentiate between wooden boxes and magic bags, but I can't be sure without someone testing.  Ersten only has a -20% pouch and a -40% lesser bag.  Which kind are you keeping your boots in, Zedrik?

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
Will make it more user-friendly :)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
@Rogue Pooka: Hehe :P I am, not my fault I do what I can to encourage things there. Plus this system seems like it would fit the port, they have guild-houses which are pretty much non-industrialized factories with similar working conditions, so mass quantities of items could be useful as a way to generate some money in the port. However the Port lacks resources, which does pose a challenge.

as for zedrik's issue, perhaps it was just a glitch? not sure if it is re-creatable or not.

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
Natural resources, agriculture and industries related to such are definitely relevant to whether or not a region could justify having a tradehouse; if you build a tradehouse in a barren wasteland, no one will come to support it.  Of course, abundant resources are no guarantee of a viable trade industry, either; witness Forlorn with her oodles of forestland and droves of goblyns who will swamp you to death if you try to set up a lumberjack camp.

If other domains were ever added to the server, Nova Vaasa thrives on trade with other nations (which is why Vaasi is so prevalent throughout the Core), so a tradehouse in Nova Vaasa would make perfect sense.  And though governed by a pack of hyperaggressive jerks, Falkovnia is one of the Core's biggest agricultural breadbaskets, enjoys ample trade with other nations (including those whom Drakov insists on attacking over and over) and could easily justify a tradehouse or two; you just have to put up with soldiers who will try to kill you if you look at them cross-eyed, that's all.  :P

Being a port town on the Sea of Sorrows, surely Port-a-Lucine would be justified in sporting a tradehouse.  After all, if you have a ship from Lamordia selling widgets and a ship from Mordent buying widgets, where else in Dementlieu are they going to do business?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
When, I refer to resources, I am specifically refering to in game ones. Dementilue could possibly support some crafting resources, if more of the country side is added, but I would have to check about what would be there.