You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: food and cooking  (Read 996 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
food and cooking
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »
Hello,

I have two thought about food that I think could help add atmosphere to the setting, if in a little manner. The first is the fact that in barovian taverns, you do not see barovian food on the menu, only Tigen's rest sells Mamliga for example. However in Dementlieu they do have all the foods that one would find in a french inspired land, so Barovia should also have this little detail.  It isn't alot, just adds to the setting IMO when barovian foods are available in barovian  taverns.

The other thought and idea is that there can be a cooking profession.  This one is pretty simple, you would make various foods, some with minor benefits like virtue and heal minor wounds. Just like you can find the food to do that IG, but now with this concept you can do it yourself. Primarily though this would be an rp thing, as a lot of food is mostly for rp. Also in the same vain, we could have people who can brew various drinks, ie wines, tsukias and so forth.

I would like to hear people's thoughts about these ideas.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
Re: food and cooking
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
I'm not entirely sure, but...

I think the module is actually getting to the point where it has too many custom items. IIRC, there's a hardcoded limit on how much custom junk we can stuff the world full of.

Considering the entire crafting systems, with their many components, I think that limit is close to being reached. So another ten or so food types might be too much.

Not sure, mindya.