You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hairdresser, plz?  (Read 3256 times)

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
Hairdresser, plz?
« on: October 10, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
Today I asked a DM to help me make my freak look more like he's supposed to with a different head and hair colour. I managed to pick my head pretty quickly with the mirror thing, but I felt like a nag asking the DM to constantly switch from one hair colour to the next. Is it possible to maybe implement a tool similar to the mirror for that? You know, just so we don't have to constantly pester our lovely over-worked DMs? =P
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
Re: Hairdresser, plz?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »
As I told, being a hair-dresser has been my frustrated youth dream.

:roflmao: Kiddin'!
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
actually this is a good idea to put in the port, a person who can deal with hair and that sort of thing. fashion and hair colors do go in and out of style. and the port does go through seasons of using powdered wigs I believe. *nods*

Misan

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
Quote from: Tarokka
As I told, being a hair-dresser has been my frustrated youth dream.

roflmao Kiddin'!

I am willing to be a reference when you're filling out your next resume.  Your bleaching technique is top notch.

High_Priestess_of_Tinsel

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:43:58 AM »
actually this is a good idea to put in the port, a person who can deal with hair and that sort of thing. fashion and hair colors do go in and out of style. and the port does go through seasons of using powdered wigs I believe. *nods*

No way am I facing those Calliban Gang Leaders just to get my hair cut! I'd rather be unfashionable and brunette. But, it is a good idea and fits very nicely with the area. Might do for those who need to 'disguise' themselves aswell, getting a new hair colour.

marlewebber

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »
Perhaps it could be costly and lower OutCast Rating as well

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 02:20:42 PM »
Doubt OCR dropping would be a good idea. Go on a killing spree, then go get your hair cut a few times, bam, it's done.

As for it being costly, one mans 'costly' is anothers pocket change.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
so IF it makes it to a update this idea   nobody is worried about the fact everyone will change looks every week and well outlaws and wanted ppl will go heeeey you cant pick me out of the crowd i fixed my hair and had plastic surgery.............i think it will cause alot of ooc drama in the long run.

but i do like the idea have to admid it but as always theres always a critic
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
My two cents on this is:

any automatized decreasing of OR can be abused of and losing completely the sense of it, which is, in my own view, one of the MAIN differences of this kind of setting with others. There have been already several cases of "Ooooh I didn't know" which, out of compassion, have been fixed, but I seriously doubt it will happen again;

any non automatized decreasing of OR related to head/hair change means adding a routine more for a DM.

Thus I would say it MAY happen but on very occasional and rare circumstances depending from case to case.

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
Aye, I'd have to agree with Tarokka and Dutchy. Having the OR change so easily would really make the entire system pointless. Though, I do agree that in some cases it may be applicable, but those would most likely be quest specific or something.

I'd like to comment on how such a simple suggestion brings out great ideas. It's really nice to see a community that actually thinks about the consequences of each change. It's kind of refreshing seeing actual thought go on. I feel i'll enjoy this hectic world of Mist and Evil for many years to come.

marlewebber

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:46:05 PM »
I suppose I should have elaborated, I was thinking that a cosmetic change could lower OR by maybe a few points, and maybe it could only be lowered once like that.  I definitely agree an automated system to decrease OR completely would be abused, but that's not what I was suggesting.  Maybe a one time -5, or something.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »
wouldnt a small persenal queste by a dm be more fun then an auto system? that way you might loose or gain more then the -5 OR
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
OR can go even to 0....

... if one dies in the attempt!

:rimshot:

marlewebber

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »
Regarding 0 OcR...

Spoiler: show
My PC had 0 until she casted a spell in front of some NPC

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »
the lesson was prolly dont cast infront of an npc heh they tell their buddies and their buddies tell the other buddies, thou are famous marle

marlewebber

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »
If you're OcR is low enough... you're treated as a native WHEREVER YOU GO?!

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 09:34:17 PM »
If you're OcR is low enough... you're treated as a native WHEREVER YOU GO?!

My Paladin used to score a OcR of 0, that was funny. Been changed since then and 1 seems to be the lowest reachable minimum (at least for outlanders) now.  :evil:
And, no one has seemed to ever take OcR into account - not even DMs - outside of (sparse) game mechanical moments, such as few shops.

Hairdresser for the Lucid & Demented place would be great tho!

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
Low Outcast Rating doesn't mean technically Popularity Rating :)

Fact one is widely tolerated means just he's "ignored" and mingled with the mass.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 10:18:12 AM »
I am still curious what one thinks of the concept of having a hairdresser/wig shop, that for a good price could change people's hair/hair color?

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Personally, I think the hairdresser IG would help reduce the DMs workload a bit as well as entice people to change their styles more often. Let's all be honest, we tend to hesitate to bother a DM about something as 'minor' as the head we have or the colour of our hair. Though, I originally meant this as a suggestion for the mirror thing in the New Character area, I believe having it in a more accessible place would be beneficial. I've seen in various other games (not NWN) where their was some random mage person in some corner of the world that could do a complete make-over on the character (including gender, oddly enough) for a fairly reasonable price. Perhaps something like this could be implemented on here as well. Could add some interesting RP amongst the various females as well  :P

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
if it was put in, it would require alot of restrictions as to what could be changed into, I feel the one in the new char area could use more restrictions also, as it allow the "Nosferato" heads

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »
I agree , maybe the purer shades of black & white be restricted , but if you want to look a complete idiot , its your money . Just look at Amadeus (the film) & the pink hair he sported for a few scenes.

Also why arnt the Anime furry heads available in the new player area ? :awesomeface:

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
White should be available, tarinyar if only to replicate the powder wig hair style *nods*

dark_majico

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 04:31:36 AM »
The staff work tirelessly to create a balanced gothic/horror module based on the ravenloft setting. Popping down to Classy Cuts Hair Salon to get your hair dyed is never going to be put in lololol :wakka:

Now go pick up a sword and a breastplate and go kill some monsters instead  :fighter:

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
Uhm, Majico, This was suggested so that the DMs could do just that instead of spending half an hour or more sitting there waiting for someone to pick a hair colour. Tarokka had the 'pleasure' of having to deal with me while I did so and it really was not a good feeling to know this guy could be off tormenting somebody, but is instead playing hairdresser. If the mirror thing in the New Character area could alter hair colour as well, all the DMs would have to do is drop us in and tell us to give them a shout when we're done or just walk through the mists (if that's even possible).