You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Letters to the Dead  (Read 5308 times)

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Re: Letters to the Dead
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:19 AM »
My Love,

I met with Turner who...set me straight. He didnt want to make me into an undead...he wanted to make Anya Vadim cease to exist. By doing that he would take me and turn me into you essentially. He wanted to make me his bodyguard. But I would have to give up all things I hold dear for a time, and disappear. I could not do that, not with our son needing me. So I will remain Anya Vadim, until the need arises for me to change.

Turner will not try to kill me for turning him down. I suppose because I may still be of use to him in the future.

I must admit though...Karas and Schala, are grating on my last nerve. Suddenly both of them are so righteous, so ready to always save my soul. Save me in some way. Why cant they just let me be?! People need to screw up! The only reasons they could give me for not wanting me to disappear was their own selfish reasons! "I dont want to lose you" Bullshite. I should join with Turner just to spite them. Irritating sods.

I wish you were here Dragos. I need your advice, your comfort. It would make things easier. Hells, if you were here, I wouldnt even be in this position. We would never have even returned to Barovia. Smart move that would have been on my part. I miss you Dragos, more than you will ever know.

Love,

Anya

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 01:24:02 AM »
*the penmenship of this letter is shaky, almost un-readable*

Dragos,

I am writing you this letter with my newly healed hand. There is quite a long story behind this also. I punched a garda recruit in the face, I promise I had a good reason. She insulted me, calling me a whore, bad mother, motsy...whatever that is. I took offense anyway. She also insulted our son...and last of all, you. I held back as long as I could, but in the end my temper won out. I apologized to Mihas, knowing exactly that I would be spending the night in jail. So I waited in the Ladies Rest, shackled for the sun to come up. Eventually the cowardly Barovians ventured out with me in two. I almost disappeared, almost danced away from them, but decided that I didnt need a bounty on my head.

So I was stripped and put in a cell, waiting for the verdict from Corporal Eugen. It was decided I would get five lashes. I felt that was more than fair, and less than I even got from you my first week as Captain. You were much stronger than him, I knew his wouldnt hurt nearly as bad. Well I was lead to the dugeon, where they took you...as sick as this sounds, I felt safe, knowing you were watching. I was chained to the post then and Eugen began whipping me...two strokes in though, Mihas stopped him and told him I was dangerous. That I could disappear at will.

All the guards were on edge, calling me a witch. Eugen decided it was best to treat me as if I were a witch. He broke every one of my fingers. I could hear the crack and pop as bone and tendons snapped in unison. He then had one of the other guards...Alson, cut out my tongue. It wasnt a clean cut either, he sawed it off. Blood went everywhere, I could smell it so sweet sickening and warm as it trailed down my chin and dribbled onto my body. I cried then, I couldnt help it. I didnt want to cry but...Gods, Dragos. That was the worst thing in all the worlds. They cauterized the stump of my tongue then, which was almost more painful than actually having it carved out of my head. Once that was done, Eugen resumed whipping me.

I was taken back to my cell then, where I waited out the night covered solely by a kind guardwoman's cloak. She set my fingers also, showed me compassion. She  reminded me...of you. She helped me dress when the sun came up and lead me out the Citadel and to Karas. He took me to see Illie who healed my back and helped to set my hands. My tongue though...Karas had to cut the cauterized portion off in order for it to be healed. The next few hours were very painful as my tongue was slowly regrown.

I had trouble speaking, still do. Uncertain if I even want to do it right now. I havent got much to say.

They will pay. All of them. I will see you soon Dragos. I love you.

Anya

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »
My dearest Dragos,

Mihas found me today. I figure even though this wasnt the first thing to happen to me today...it is by far the most, exciting. I wasnt planning on hurting him, I couldnt. He is like a brother to me. I took him to a cave...and drew my dagger on him. I couldnt even think of what to do...so I started letting myself get mad intentionally, so I wouldnt have to deal with it. She came then, manifested herself in between Mihas and I...and worked her magic on him. She filled his head with thoughts of his loved ones dying, murdered, hung, mutilated. And he fell to his knees, vomiting. She broke him, and I let her. He went to the Outskirts then...I watched him slap his fiance around, hard. She fell to the ground. I tried to stop him then, but he wouldnt listen to reason, he was completely insane.

I met with Elicia later. He had stabbed her in the foot and hand...almost killed her. She begged me to return him to the way he was, that I was healed now so I had no reason to continue hurting him. Turns out she was right. Despite how much I hurt from having to kill you, or the terrible nightmares I have from the many tortures I have been part of...I shouldnt take it out on someone I am supposed to be close with. Also, I didnt account for my actions hurting innocents. Elicia should not have suffered because I was made to do so.

I am unsure if I can fix him, but...I know Karas can. I will have to ask him to help. I cant leave Mihas how he is now, it is painful to watch.

Also, before I let Gabriella rape his mind...he informed me that the recruit who got me thrown into jail in the first place has been removed from the Garda. I wish I knew why. Likely her mouth. Also, Schala happened to find her...and put an arrow in her head. Revenge at its finest.

I wish you were here to scold me. How sick is that?

Love your doting wife,

Anya

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:03 AM »
Soft, mirthful laughter emanates from her lips as his massive arms come around her tightly. His dark skin contrasting almost perfectly with her milky white flesh, their fingers touching one another tenderly as if amazed by the feeling of each other.

"Anya, what have you gotten yourself into?" His deep baritone voice says scoldingly, and yet he cannot hide the lilt of happiness in his thick accent. "You nu did all this just to see me again, da?"

"Everything I've ever done has been for you."

The rain pelted down onto her barely clad form, causing the thin fabric to stick to her. Her usually bright green eyes, now dull from so much mistreatment recently, glanced next to her as Corporal Eugen Dumitrascu lead her by the arm towards the massive wooden gates to the Citadel. Anya's heart was beating quickly in her chest, the thump of the muscle ringing in her ear as they drew ever nearer to their destination. The gates swung open with a loud, ominous creaking sound and suddenly she was assaulted by the many hushed murmur's of the nearby crowd of peasants and adventurers alike.

Eugen lead her down the stone road, guards lining the way on both sides....at the end, a simple chunk of wood with a sharpened axe protruding out of it. At the sight her breath hitched in her throat and refused to come out again as she was dragged towards her end. Pushing her towards the chopping block, Eugen began shouting out her crime to the crowd, getting them riled up.

"Anya Vadim is to be executed for the crime of assaulting garda with witch craft..."

She brushes her lips against his softly, unable to stop the smile that continuously seems to creep onto them. His strong hands gently land on either side of her face, cupping it, chocolate eyes staring into emerald.

"Where are we Dragos?" the woman murmured softly, her words echoing airily around them. He gently places a rough finger over her lips, silencing her, a coy smile on his face.
"We are wherever you wish to be Anya, it has always been that way."

The rain never ceasing once as she stood just in front of Eugen, the sound of a nearby Priest could be heard as she shouted for her to repent and save her soul. Her soul was too far gone, there was no chance. She steeled her jaw as her eyes landed on a peasant in front of her who had bent down to pick up a rock, she knew what was coming next. True to form, the peasant lobbed the rock at her, his aim far from perfect as it made contact with her shoulder. Anya let out a grunt, gritting her teeth tightly together. Another rock came flying towards her from the opposite direction, thrown from one of her own people...an adventurer. This one managed to hit home, leaving almost an instant bruise on her rib cage.

It was then that Eugen forced her down, her knee caps hitting the stone's  under foot with a loud crack and Anya letting out a pained wince. His fingers entwined in her hair as he brutally yanked her head back, their eyes locking. "Do you have any last words, witch?" He snarled out darkly.

Tears of sadness mixed with terror were now flowing freely from her eyes, staining her pale face. Her lips trembling violently as she forced the words past them with strain.

"I am not a witch, and you know whot ah did was roight. You will dream o' this fer tha rest o' yer loife."  Eugen snapped at this sentiment. "Nu curse me with your varja!" Gripping the handle of the axe, he yanked it out of the stump with all his might before slamming Anya's head down where the weapon just stood. With her head placed down on the chopping block, she only had one direction to look...and she would rather not die whilst staring at Sedrik Hobs, so she closed her eyes with resignation and murmured softly to herself.

"Promise me something Anya" her husbands sweet words surrounded her like a soft blanket, one that she would be content with staying under forever.

"Anything love, anything." She lays her head against his muscular chest, breathing in deep of his scent, waiting for him to speak once more.

"Promise me, if there is a chance for you, that you will take it. That you will go back to our son, va rog?" His lips spoke softly, pressed against her ear, sending soft tingles up and down her body. "Nu argue, promise."

The woman smiled in amusement at how well her husband still knew her and what her response would be. "Aye Dragos, ah promise." His lips found hers then, sealing the promise with a kiss so full of love, the two melted together, becoming one.

In a soft whisper, Anya spoke to herself, eyes closed as the swish of the axe swinging through the air rang in her ears. The last words this woman would utter. "I will see you soon Dragos."

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
Dragos,

I am alive. Everything is so bright now, its odd. I can't write down where I am, someone may find this. I am...a criminal now, a fugitive, a killer. Or that is what they think. I was punished for trying to help my friend, the very friend who got me tortured in the first place. The one who asked me to punish him. And now I have taken others down with me.

Marle, my Saint. She rescued me. This is twice now that she and Ezra have saved my soul. I owe her everything in the world, and I will help to prove her innosence to the only being that matters. Our Count.

Annalise, the vampire. I suppose she only helped because it was I who broke her out of the Charnel House when she herself was executed for being a witch. It doesnt matter, I will allies when they come.

Dougan, the werebear. My oldest friend, my first friend. He attacked the Citadel to get me back. He gave his life so that I may live again. I will never forget that, ever. He will be avenged.

Jadow, the warrior. Someone I have only met a few times, but I made a big enough impression on him for him to agree to aid in my rescue. He will prove to be a trusthworthy ally as my Saint has said before.

Schala, the priestess. She gave up everything for me. My name is now carved in her arm as a reminder from the garda that she is a traitor. I tried to send her away, to save her. But that damn woman...she came back.

Karas, my husband. That is the first time I have written it down. The first time I have told you. He reminds me a lot of you, which is why I was drawn to him. He has kept me as safe as possible and given up his life for me as well. I owe him everything.

I remember seeing you, briefly. You were beautiful, and happy. I am writing you this now...to tell you, I love you and always will. And I hope that the things we do over the coming months will help to prove our innosence, and free us. Did the garda think that there wouldnt be consequences for killing the wrongly accused? We will win this war.

I am forever thinking of you Dragos, and missing you. I love you.

Anya

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 12:56:18 PM »
Dragos, my love...

Wanted. I, no we...the people who saved me. Are wanted by the Count. Someone I have always served, admired even. What have I done? We are banished from Barovia, on penalty of death. Enemies of the state.

I will never be able to see Andrei again. I spoke to Karas last night of writing to your sister and giving her full custody...the ability to raise him as her own son. He convinced me to wait a month, let things cool down...let our plans begin. And then he wishes to send for Andrei and have him live with us...here. Though as long as we have prices on our head, this is no place for a child.

Annalise has joined us in our haven now. So it is the four of us. I think if we all work together, we will remain alive for the time being. I have my concerns though, Sedrik being one of them. He scares the hells out of me. It isnt just his sword skills that scare me, its the fact that he is gunning so hard for us.

To think, this all started because a stupid garda recruit called me a whore. It warms my heart to know she was kicked out the next day.

We have begun calling in our favors and are being met with a decent response, though for awhile...we will be...careful. Have to be. Never know who is hunting us. One hundred thousand is a big enough sum to tempt even the best of friends.

I miss you love, I wish you were here to give me advice on how to survive. You were always so good at it. You never got caught.

I love you.

-Anya

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »
*In very shaky print, she pens again*

Dragos,

I have nothing left. Not one damn thing. I will seek out the one person who offered me..."salvation". Forgive me. I love you darling.

-Anya