Author Topic: Minor/Native Jobs  (Read 1193 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Minor/Native Jobs
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:16:17 AM »
Hello,

This is something I thought of for a while but to small jobs that would be meant for natives of the domain. For example in barovia you could help make tsukia for people or help deliver it to an inn, and get a few gold in return. This can also be used in Dementlieu, but delivering wine and tsukia. There could be other things as well for example, delivering minor stuff to people in the port in return for some gold. Not that much but enough to help provide some support to live in these lands.

There is another idea that I was wondering if it could work, that is to have jobs such as waitress and what not at different inns, to receive pay, nothing major something like 10 or so gold a day or week. This could work for the guards, giving them some pay for patrolling and what not when they are supposed to be on duty.  I am however not sure if this is doable, but it is an idea.

i would like to hear what others think of these ideas.

-herkles

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Minor/Native Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:57:50 AM »
*bump* If anyone has any thoughts what so all on this idea feel free to post what they are.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »
and how would this actually be implimented?

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »
create the gendarme faction  uhm that place simply needs factions trader faction a protective faction  evil faction and a good faction.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
@HellsPanda: through another system. I am not sure how it worked on amia where I get the source idea from, but what the final product was; you had a variety of simple jobs like you could gather silk and make cloths out of it, perhaps simple items like a rug or something could be do-able here not to mention one could also give the items to people like the NPC clothiers for a small price, not a lot but enough. Some of the ones I can remember where involving food, you could make food to deliver to the inns/receive pay if you are a  cook there.