You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: writable items  (Read 1813 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
writable items
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
Hello,

This is something I have thought about and I think it could be a good idea, plus a way as a money sink. that being more items can be used for writing, like the notes can. These can be signs, easels, and books, I think it might be useful.

Signs can be made via the carpeting craft, but they would work just like notes do. Place a sign down and you can have stuff on it.

what do others think about this minor thing?

-herkles

dark_majico

Re: writable items
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:39 AM »
Great idea, speaking of things being writable, could we possible push the boat out a little bit and get mundane papers scrolls (which you can write on) that do not take up 4 pages of inventory space. There are misc thin items that are perfectly suited to being scrolls in the CEP content which only take up two spaces, four spaces is reserved for large inventory items like severed heads, helmets, boots, bags. Pieces of paper last time I checked do not require wheel barrows to move large numbers of them.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:57:05 AM »
having the items being smaller then 4 squares in your inventory could be useful. I am wondering what do others think of this idea?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
*bumping this*

I also think that there should be different types of note images, such as tattered, bloody and so forth. sure it is mostly an icon image thing, but it is a little detail that I think could help add a bit.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »
I once found some writable paper sheets in the drain that looked different for sale with one of the npc merchants, one was bloody another was tattered but there was only one of each.  I bought them thinking they'd be great for atmosphere in the future and then, the presses in Port Lucine ate them when I was making copies! It would be great to be able to buy those in certain places and writable blank books.  The ones that can be held in hand and/or a selection of inventory books with different covers for pcs to write on with the quill or to use blank books like paper sheets on the presses where the book looks like the one you purchased a blank of.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Mailbox0000

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:33:31 AM »

How about a paper pad or something with like... 50 charges. Each charge will create a uniform piece of paper in the inventory? Sommat. I tried the whole... carry 10 sheets of blank paper around, it sucks.

Also, why is a single sheet of paper 20+ gold?! And then a full book goes for a single gold. Heh!

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:13:38 AM »
I agree, Clever idea for people who use writing alot. Also might encourage others to do so, by making it smaller and not clog up your inventory. Or the pad as Mailbox suggested is also clever.

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
Also, why is a single sheet of paper 20+ gold?! And then a full book goes for a single gold. Heh!

I think that its because of the weight reduction. The game engine automatically raises the cost of an item when properties are added.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
I don't think weight reduction has anything to do with it. But yeah, now that it has been said... the paper is a bit too expensive or the books are too cheap imo. Either one must be changed.
In fact I think things are too cheap, gold comes too easy, the financial atmosphere could be a little tougher...