Author Topic: Vassi Leather Briefcases?  (Read 1885 times)

Threnn

• New to the Mists
Vassi Leather Briefcases?
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:00:48 AM »
Hi,

Had a thought that if the briefcases were lighter, for what ever reason, more letters and keeping of letters might be encouraged. Either that or make it possible to hold more than 6 sheets of parchment, though that seems problematic from keeping it from being a bag of holding... Unless... you could make it so anything placed in this "bag of holding"ish briefcase increased in weight dramaticaly, so that effectively only paper could be put in there... Just some stupid ideas.

Cheers

Threnn

Telkar

• Dark Power
Re: Vassi Leather Briefcases?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »
Is it not possible to make certain containers able to have more inventory pages such as containers have for that purpose? That'd be very neat.

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »
Is it not possible to make certain containers able to have more inventory pages such as containers have for that purpose? That'd be very neat.

Renamable bags would be better.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »
I would love having renamable bags, with the exception that maybe a bag marked as 'plot' could not be renamed. This way one could not just rename their faction bag to help them out. But any old plain bag, sure, why not. This way one can have a bag for herbs, for books, for weapons and so forth.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »
I fail to see how renamable bags correlate with the subject of the topic, or how they would be "better" than increased container space. Those are two different things, and both are reasonable suggestions and would both would be nice to have added.

dark_majico

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »
I fail to see how renamable bags correlate with the subject of the topic, or how they would be "better" than increased container space. Those are two different things, and both are reasonable suggestions and would both would be nice to have added.

You cant increase the ammount of pages a bag can hold its hard coded to be full at one page. If you can rename bags though you can call one Herbs, Tools, Scrolls, and so on for easyer inventory management, this is a compromise to the one page limit.

If we are talking paper though which Threnn mentioned in the first post, it would simply be better to copy the Scroll item, and replace it with a Misc Thin item instead of Misc Large, reducing the size from 4 square too 2 squars. You would just need to copy the erf and resrefs (or whatever it is thats used to make the paper sheets unique in the toolset) so the scripts still fire for writting on sheets.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:52 AM »

You cant increase the ammount of pages a bag can hold its hard coded to be full at one page. If you can rename bags though you can call one Herbs, Tools, Scrolls, and so on for easyer inventory management, this is a compromise to the one page limit.

If we are talking paper though which Threnn mentioned in the first post, it would simply be better to copy the Scroll item, and replace it with a Misc Thin item instead of Misc Large, reducing the size from 4 square too 2 squars. You would just need to copy the erf and resrefs (or whatever it is thats used to make the paper sheets unique in the toolset) so the scripts still fire for writting on sheets.

I always just left one item that related to the contents of the bag next to the bag in my inventory. A scroll next to my scroll case, a woundwart for a herb bag, a goo blob for my alchemy gear... etc.

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
Like the bird cages, various torches and possibly other stuff too that I haven't found...
it would be pretty cool if you could buy a chest, cause I know there are container chests,
that you can put on the ground like an object instead of a small bag like everything else.

If they are gonna weigh so much, they might aswell get some use to them.  ;)