Author Topic: The Blood Rose ⚜ Geneviève Cecile dè Bellerose  (Read 958 times)

Bellerose

• New to the Mists
The Blood Rose ⚜ Geneviève Cecile dè Bellerose
« on: April 16, 2017, 11:09:09 PM »
🌹Geneviève Cecile dè Bellerose - Second Daughter of the Marquis Charlemagne - Time of Birth: ??  - Bellerose Château near Chateaunoir🌹

"Those who do not grasp the thorns, should not desire the rose”
Geneviève' Theme
Spoiler: show

Appearance:🌹
Name: Geneviève Cecile dè Bellerose
Eye Colour: Sapphire Blue
Hair Colour: Dark Scarlet

Upon first glance this eerily eye catching young woman has an almost unearthly appearance, ruby-red hair cascaded like a waterfall
down her back, reaching almost to her waist, but this was no more striking than her eyes which were like sapphires set symmetrically
into her almost colourless pale ghostly face; eyebrows were arched over the curve before dispersing onto the bridge of her dainty nose.
Plump, the lips.

Her gracious figure and poise reveal her of noble breeding; her upbringing was one of wealth and nobility as she holds herself with a
sense of pride, her keen sensitivity and elegance defined in every move she makes. Her soft-spoken words beguile and charm while
her posture is endearing. Upon her silk laden regalia is a small golden brooch which sits upon her shoulder, carved into the shape of
an elegant rose, a ruby sits within the centre; and around the outside written in High Mordentish reads "He who dares not grasp the
thorns, should never crave the rose"; a motto of House Bellerose.

House Bellerose

So Beautiful, so dangerous.
Si belle, si dangereux.

House Bellerose is a bygone family from another time, one with a long and venerated history, the bloodline almost lost during
the recent revolution. Since then the entirety of the families estate, businesses and lands have been lost along with its wealth.

The family initially worked within the silk trades, producing fine, eloquent and exquisite finery for the higher classes of Port-a-lucine,
owning a small import trade of silks being brought in by ship and made into the clothing which earned the family a reputation, besides
this they owned several plots of land, with various investments within the industries of both Port-a-lucine and Chateaufaux, earning 
the families wealth.

House Bellerose originated within Port-a-lucine existing as one of the political and influential houses of Dementlieu, Marquis Vincent
louis de Bellerose who was the patriarchal head of the family to Lucille and Sophie headed the family, till his
untimely demise at the hands of revolutionaries.

When the revolution came the family supported the council of Brilliance openly, favouring the nobility and overlooking the plight of
the poor. The house is survived by Lucille Bellerose. A very old saying among the family is "Those who dare not grasp the thorns,
should not desire the rose” which speaks volumes of those who once used them.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:17:08 PM by Bellerose »

Bellerose

• New to the Mists
Re: The Blood Rose ⚜ Journal Entry
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
"Time marches ever on, it waits not for man nor woman; passing us in our caged lives."
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
Spoiler: show

[Written in delicate precise script]

There is something about the awakening of a new day, as the sun rises; as though washing away the past night with promises
of a better tomorrow; as ashen grey turns to golden sky. Yet it does not beckon me to hope as it should, as though stuck in a
dream I am unable to awaken from. My sensibilities have all but fled me since my return, perhaps I merely find the city a
little overwhelming.

After I had relinquished all hope the Council saw fit to bestow a title and land upon me, so gleeful am I; that my families name
should not end with me.

Since the revolution I have been alone in name and duty, and a dream has been my only constant lingering companion.
While it can be said ones faculties are far from lucid while dreaming, I quite clearly remember each in turn, though they differ
only a little, I find such fascination in these discrepancies. Though they leave me weary still upon awakening.

I sit in a cage, akin to an aviary though I am all that sits within; a crowd silently watches me, frown nor smile pursed upon their
lips; senseless and emotionless as they watch me; no matter how hard I try I am unable to escape.

Alas, forgive these fanciful musings; such dreams should be of no concern and as I ink the words they strike even my ears as
somewhat peculiar.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:37:12 AM by Bellerose »