You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Wayfarer Kinship?  (Read 6320 times)

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
Wayfarer Kinship?
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:36:12 AM »
What is this? lol

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

mayvind

Re: Wayfarer Kinship?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
look at the IC section annoucment. Søren post somehting on it

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
I did...so they're making an adventurer's supported faction? just seems bizarre.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »
it is already active ingame, and has members.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:35:27 PM »
It's not easy to join... Relevant PC or NPC interaction required and I never see them online.  :cry:

mayvind

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »
It's not easy to join... Relevant PC or NPC interaction required and I never see them online.  :cry:

Talk to Fifur or Aadar.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:28:51 AM »

Talk to Fifur or Aadar.

I have never heard of either of those two names.  :|

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 03:47:02 AM »
I've seen them both on before this new faction was started, but not since it was started.... Seems they are hiding ;)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:47 AM »
I see them at times, Lin von helm is also a member

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
Fifur Rheln here, always looking to add new members to this faction :) hopefully i will see you soon.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »
It's an effort to bring together more Good-aligned and adventuring types, with less strict stereotype enforcement than other factions.

Ravenloft is a place for heroes, and this faction is to support more of them. The shining knights, noble rogues and wise, Good wizards, to save Barovia from the plague of brooding evil people!

Rest assured, there's more to it than just being a dungeoners guild!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:27:55 AM by Minstrel »

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
What is this? The "hero" academy at Waterdeep?

And why do a random PC faction get the main admins own helping hand to make a IC post?   :?

Just wondering, I dont see any crew made for any other non canon factions made by players.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »
It's not a PC-made faction, it's an official faction that was started and organised by the DM group.

And it might seem a bit high-fantasy, Forgotten Realms-y, but give it a chance to set in before you knock it. Ravenloft isn't full of brooding misfits alternating between defiling corpses, summoning demons and random murder, the Mists are known to regularly choose people with heroic potential (read: The Player Characters) in.

For now, think less 'Marble Hall, noble and bright shiny Paladins doing Just and Right for the Good of the People!', but instead a group of defiant heroes standing against the night, working from a cramped, run-down headquarters in the dingy slums, planning strikes into dark caves by the light of a flickering lamp.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
It's not a PC-made faction, it's an official faction that was started and organised by the DM group.

And it might seem a bit high-fantasy, Forgotten Realms-y, but give it a chance to set in before you knock it. Ravenloft isn't full of brooding misfits alternating between defiling corpses, summoning demons and random murder, the Mists are known to regularly choose people with heroic potential (read: The Player Characters) in.

For now, think less 'Marble Hall, noble and bright shiny Paladins doing Just and Right for the Good of the People!', but instead a group of defiant heroes standing against the night, working from a cramped, run-down headquarters in the dingy slums, planning strikes into dark caves by the light of a flickering lamp.

You know? I Just see this as that old Ladys rest at night, making it harder for MPC when some lowbie comes crying and 22 Paladins and a mad mage comes running to fry a poor vampire up with Devine sun glow blades of doom + 5.  :P

Dashru

• Undead Master
  • Ghoulie
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
Harhar, if this is the case.  MPCs need a DM supported faction to counter them.  :mrgreen:
"...I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote. Naturally i spammed it on player corpses..." -- Papa Zarus

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 02:05:07 PM »
The only way to join them is trough PM and tells?
I like to stay IC the most i can... And i haven't seen any talk about them in game. Coincidence or not happening at all?

LadyDragn

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »
I think the announcement flier post that was made on the boards is IC.

Basically, if your PC walks through town or maybe by the Ladies he might see the flier? Thus, getting PCs to start asking questions :D

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 02:19:07 PM »
What about the illiterate do-gooders?!

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
Is this group -->cannon<--[lol]  or just something the dm's are trying?

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »
You know? I Just see this as that old Ladys rest at night, making it harder for MPC when some lowbie comes crying and 22 Paladins and a mad mage comes running to fry a poor vampire up with Devine sun glow blades of doom + 5.  :P

Then MPC's should stalk individual targets, and if they get away, they leave the scene before they bring backup.

Honestly, this isn't going to turn Ravenloft into the stomping ground of the collective armies of Torm, Bahamut and any Evil-Smiting God you care to name.

[twitches at 'Cannon']

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Wouldn't strahd or another powerful monster just burn down or destroy this faction hq?  I mean van richten books are illegal, why wouldn't a "heroes" faction be destroyed quickly?  I was wondering if there were any resources that discussed this group. 

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
Explanation for such:

If a faction is too weak to be a problem for said monster, the monster wouldn't care about it.

If the faction is strong enough for said monster to care about, then it's not able to easily destroy it.

As for Strahd, there's very little he cares about anymore. He's not going to drop down and smite every Good PC in the area, even if they organise together in some dingy hovel in the slums.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »
Regarding this faction, as most things, OOC prodding will only eliminate intrigue and mystery.
Why indeed would such a group exist, characters who care to know should care to know.
Factions have agendas, this one is a goodly one. The notion that good is rooted out by anyone, much less someone important, is giving entirely too much credit to a group with not much credentials.

Live the mystery, feel the intrigue, and you'll feel the Ravenloft. You will not be able to read anything about Wayfarer's Kinship in a source, it will require a IC examination.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 11:15:28 PM »
Wouldn't strahd or another powerful monster just burn down or destroy this faction hq?  I mean van richten books are illegal, why wouldn't a "heroes" faction be destroyed quickly?  I was wondering if there were any resources that discussed this group.  
In my opinion  strahd can with all tranqullity don t care about that" faction".
He eventually can keep an eye on them especially because the thing it s very public and the heroes will be all together.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:17:45 PM by Aduial »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »
Wouldn't strahd or another powerful monster just burn down or destroy this faction hq?  I mean van richten books are illegal, why wouldn't a "heroes" faction be destroyed quickly?  I was wondering if there were any resources that discussed this group. 

Only reason those books are outlawed is that they mention that he's a vampire. Aside from that, he couldn't care less. His population is ignorant and fearful, so he's not too concerned about small initiatives since he knows that he can defeat them unless they become a major threat, then he will intervene.