You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Stone to Flesh  (Read 12521 times)

tzaeru

• Dark Power
Re: Stone to Flesh
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
Another great protection:
Be afraid and run away.  :mrgreen:

Or, be a poor insignificant beggar who's not worth the time or effort to kill!

Thankfully we have AoE spells for that.  :twisted:

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
If you're a caster, you have Spell Mantle or Spell Resistance.

If you're a bard or rogue, you have scrolls of the above spells.

If you're none of the above classes, you have a high Fort save already, and the caster should be targetting your other saves.

Not that OP, already has counters. I like it as it is, personally.

and if your the specific caster called the druid...well stick with it:D
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Dashru

• Undead Master
  • Ghoulie
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »
What you should be very afraid of is a buffed up cleric/fighter who ambushes you from G. Sanctuary.

:Up_to:
"...I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote. Naturally i spammed it on player corpses..." -- Papa Zarus

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
IF G.Sanctuary actually worked  :roll:

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2010, 05:43:36 AM »
GS works for ambushes

dark_majico

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2010, 06:50:30 AM »
Can we please just accept that at some point in your charecters exsistance SOMETHING will happen that kind of sucks, deal with it and stop bitching about how hard Ravenloft is. If you want to play some fluffy server where every wizard spell has a nerfed duration, the DC's are at best moderate to beat, then go make your own module. A wizard is a powerfull class just accept you have to be carefull around one, and if you really think its unfair, go play a wizard yourself. We cant go and nerf every single spell for heavens sake.

I am sorry that your upset, but were talking about a 6th level spell not really nerfing it much if you do turns per caster level really. The main issue i have with it is that if the caster crashes or logs, the effects dont go away as per the spell is suppose to be doing when the caster rest. That is why i thought making an actuall duration would not affect the spell that much and have the same effects. If you dont agree with this thats your opinion. I will not turn this into a heated argument.

Im not upset, computer games dont make me upset. I know exactly what your saying, putting a duration on an instant spell is nerfing it and its going a step too far, we may as well be playing D&D 4th edition if you want this to happen. Im so tierd of this mages are overpowered argument, yes they are. There also underpowered for a sugnificant portion of there exsistance, its a mages reward for sucking so much early on, why is ths so hard for people to understand and accept.