Author Topic: I have an issue with this server.  (Read 4628 times)

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
I have an issue with this server.
« on: August 13, 2010, 02:05:12 AM »
It had occured to me that there is a great problem with this server. Something that needed to be said and so here I am saying it. The general roleplay and community sense of this server is way toooooooo good ;)

What do I mean by this? Well, sometimes I wished to have a good old adventure without the horror element. Ok, try another server.. I've done this but any other server was so, oh I don't know ... Dull. For a while I couldn't fugure out why and today I have realised the truth. It's you! The Players, the DM's, the Dev's! All of you... You've spoiled me and now I can't go to another server cause the game is just tooo great here. The sense of the community here is just perfect. So I ask you if I want to just have a silly adventure what should I do? Now do you see my delima?

I'm crying here.... Thankyou all  :mrgreen:

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: I have an issue with this server.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 02:07:30 AM »
 :rock:
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 02:34:39 AM »
 <3

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 03:02:50 AM »
 :haw:

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:52 AM »
 :bonk: What a misleading title!

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »
We like you too Grumpy.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 05:53:51 AM »
:bonk: What a misleading title!

It was intentional, just to make you all look  :mrgreen:

IAmABacon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »
This thread is a shame. I would like to put it back on topic with a -real- complaint.

I have played alot of games. infact just the other week there, I would played a few different games at once; and and a couple of NWN servers. It was some boring good times.

But, lately I have been playing on this server. I am not pleased. It has taken my life hostage with, what I'm sure everyone will agree, it's horrid RP and it's terrible scripts/systems, which add to immersion in absolutely no way. I hate it all, and that is why I cannot stop playing!

p.s. Please stop being such a fun server, so I can have life. D:

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
This thread is a shame. I would like to put it back on topic with a -real- complaint.

I have played alot of games. infact just the other week there, I would played a few different games at once; and and a couple of NWN servers. It was some boring good times.

But, lately I have been playing on this server. I am not pleased. It has taken my life hostage with, what I'm sure everyone will agree, it's horrid RP and it's terrible scripts/systems, which add to immersion in absolutely no way. I hate it all, and that is why I cannot stop playing!

p.s. Please stop being such a fun server, so I can have life. D:

Rofl.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
I have to agree fully with Honoun & hope the devs think long & hard about all the hours Ive wasted downloading other hak paks & reading other site forums in a vain attempt to find something that remotely compares, not to mention the wasted drive space.

I wont hold the Devs & the DMs totally to balme as I feel a good amout of blame lies at the feet of the players.

I hope this serious issue is taken up by the CC & they all reflect on what has been said.

pieman102

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
Well despite your many warnings I have started playing here about a week ago and well... I can't stop, many nights have been spent on the server, my sleep schedule is shot and my sense of real life is fading!! On a serious note I would like to point out that this server has been a blast, really I can't see myself going anywhere else anytime soon and if I do it wouldn't be long... speaking of which... er.... well.... *Runs to the server*

Katlyn Battle and Casual

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 02:43:30 AM »
Whatever you may think people,
Spoiler: show
you're still a prisoner.  :twisted:
Istavan Donner

dark_majico

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »
I think this entire thread needs moving to some dark corner of the forum where spam belongs. Not Suggestions & Feedback - General feedback.

IAmABacon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »
Isn't good feedback still feedback? :P We may be jokingly pretending to complain. But, what we are actually saying is that we lurve the server. :3

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
I like to trick people, hence the nature of this thread  :P

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
I think its fine and I agree, I can't play on other servers either because the bar has been set to high by POTM.   :)

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
I think its fine and I agree, I can't play on other servers either because the bar has been set to high for POTM.   :)

Yeah, POTM kind of ruins you for other servers, though it isn't quite what it once was. It works for me because i got all my dungeoning out of my system long ago and I love that i can have a 17th lvl character who has never done much but talk to people.

Special place, special people, the only server worth my time.

~Taty~

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »
 :cloud9:

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »
What I find comical is seeing people run off to other servers when it happens (usually when they are pissed off), rant on other server's forums about Potm, dm's, players & ruined forever.

We usually hear of these things - I sometimes even get linked over PM's over these ridiculous things people post on other boards about us - what I usually do is rub my hands (see below):

- making predictions as to when those players will return to us. Most return, save rare, very rare exceptions; realizing there's hardly anything remaining that's better, realizing how they are really treated like crap elsewhere; where you are usually at the whims of a single power-tripped administrator (One that usually plays Pc's, dm's & admins at the same time, banning people on a spur of the moment).

Of course, I take a twisted pleasure in seeing this happen cackling in glee! Of course, we welcome you back with open arms, unless you bring back the same drama which brought you to leave in the first place.  ;)  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:03:02 AM by Heretic »

mayvind

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »
This place durn prison ! Everyday i log on and i whine and rant and whine some more to people whom forced to listen. About how Boooore iam, and yet i cannot delete the game. And i wasted around 8 years playing this game online, and 5 on this server.  Have several 20ish level character 2 darklorded. Been there done that, and yet i still cannot leave. Is because few individual and how nice the people here are compare to other server (most people here is nice).

I probary stop playing here when Axel pulling the plug and say sorry folks life goes on !

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 05:50:43 PM »
Pretty much happens to everybody. Any other server just doesn't feel right.

Axel

• Eternal Saviour/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 05:19:46 AM »
where you are usually at the whims of a single power-tripped administrator (One that usually plays Pc's, dm's & admins at the same time, banning people on a spur of the moment).

Well, it's no different here, I hear the admin of PotM is a real jerk! :P

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
What I find comical is seeing people run off to other servers when it happens (usually when they are pissed off), rant on other server's forums about Potm, dm's, players & ruined forever.

We usually hear of these things - I sometimes even get linked over PM's over these ridiculous things people post on other boards about us - what I usually do is rub my hands (see below):

- making predictions as to when those players will return to us. Most return, save rare, very rare exceptions; realizing there's hardly anything remaining that's better, realizing how they are really treated like crap elsewhere; where you are usually at the whims of a single power-tripped administrator (One that usually plays Pc's, dm's & admins at the same time, banning people on a spur of the moment).

Of course, I take a twisted pleasure in seeing this happen cackling in glee! Of course, we welcome you back with open arms, unless you bring back the same drama which brought you to leave in the first place.  ;)  :P

Find this funny myself but like you say they always come back it seems, just hopefully without the drama.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
I left... things were done that I did not like.... But Darn you all! I had to come back the greatness of this server lured me in once again and now my days are being wasted playing. Have you no shame?  :P :mrgreen:

MadMage99

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
So I ask you if I want to just have a silly adventure what should I do? Now do you see my delima?

Ask for DM Talek... he dropped a Ox, out of a tree, onto to Serafim at the Mist Camp... it was, the weirdest and silliest thing I've seen on this server to date. I Still can't figure how an Ox climbs a tree either...  :think: