You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: For the love of a child.  (Read 916 times)

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
For the love of a child.
« on: August 06, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
Turning his back to the port city he climbs in the boat with his wife and child in tow.  He looks down upon them, she holding the child close looking up at him with trusting eyes.  The cool night air sends chills down their spine as the fog that bathes the harbor cloaks any distance.  The Lizard King has disbanded the Gokudo and left for lands unknown.  It has become too dangerous to linger and the choice before him is simple.  Follow through and kill those who seek their lives, or flee as Vasille did.  The Vardo deserve their vengeance, the blood of their fallen scream for it.  Were he them he would seek it as well.  However when the one who creates this leaves the rest are often left with the aftermath.  His thoughts go to the others, uncertain of their fate.  Like him they made their choice to follow him and now must live with those choices.  

His wife and child come first and he will see to their safety above all else.  Perhaps in time he will return to finish what was begun, but for now they come first.  With a final lingering look at the dwindling city he turns his gaze ahead to an uncertain future.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:01:09 PM by Darktide18 »

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
Re: For the love of a child.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:33 AM »
I pen down these thoughts for you my son, so that you will read it and understand that what they say about your father is not true.  Monster.. Murderer.. Criminal.. Such was not always the case.  Life has a way of changing things, whether you like them to or not.  I have always kept out of the spotlight, away from public view for many years, doing the bidding of those that called me loyal servant.  In doing the deeds they would have me perform they did not take into account what those deeds would do to me.  How the darkness that creeps up inside of all of us does not go away, but it takes root and grows like a weed.

Not many have walked the darkness that I have endured, nor lived through those things that I have.  But I am not special nor unique.  I am just another pawn to this place we all call home.  A thing to move around for its own amusement.

The Red Vardo seek you my son, seek you with all of their might.  Why? Because they wish to harm me when they themselves cannot.  I thought to turn myself in along with your Mother in an attempt to end this nightmare.  I will not describe the horrors we endured but my stay there was not a pleasant one.  It is a place of self importance and dominating power, where you truly see the measure of a persons soul.  The guards that work the jails of Vallaki have souls as black as my own, but wear the uniforms of protector and lawbringer.  An irony to be sure..

I do not know if in writing this you will learn from my mistakes and cast off the lies you will no doubt be told.  Know that I wish I had been the father you deserve and given you the care I wished I could give.  It is my hope that your Mother survive this nightmare I have cast myself into and that she can leave this life and raise you as she should.  If not it is my hope that you are raised by those of decent character and give you the chance I myself did not have.

I love you with all of my heart...

Your Father,

Strydel