Author Topic: locks  (Read 1337 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
locks
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:13 PM »
Hello,

I was thinking that since alot of places that could be used for hideouts aren't lockable to have them lockable. So I thought why not implement the ability to lock buildings. Shady merchants could sell locks, which would work off the open lock skill. To lock the door you would place the lock on and roll to see if it is successfully locked. This would mean that harder locks are obviously harder to lock.

I am curious to hear what others think of this idea.

-herkles-

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: locks
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:37:36 PM »
Depends. The elite open lockers would able to set locks well beyond most of the server's ability to open them. You'd have to consider how it would be very effective if implemented that way.

I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:40:20 PM »
True, which is why the elite locks would be difficult to find and gather. but minor or average locks with a minor and basic DC should be alright for lockers.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:25:55 AM »
If that were done, the doors would also need to be bashable.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Of course with the corresponding DC depending on how strong the lock is, at least that is how I imagine it would work.

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »
+ doors that have a lock already and need a key to lock them (pretty much like unlock). Wouldn't like to see various public buildings to be locked for no reason.

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
I have to be a partypooper,

If there is a door, and you buy a lock to lock it, then to lock has to be like an old padlock, becouse i doubt any of your characters are locksmiths that can all of sudden install new proper lock on the door and its frame  :lol:

Picture in spoilers
Spoiler: show

That would mean that if you enter a building, you will lock it from inside which means that people that are outside have no way of lockpicking that. Their only option is to kick the door in, pretty much.

Of course if you lock it from outside then it can be picked.
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...