Author Topic: Random generation of weapon qualities  (Read 1720 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Random generation of weapon qualities
« on: July 20, 2010, 05:31:31 AM »
So I got to thinking, since there are some types of weapons that get hardly any love in the loot tables, stats wise at least. Would it be bad to have a system built in that creates the weapons from scratch? Taking the random factors in the DM guide as an example: 70% chance of common melee weapon, 10% chance of uncommon melee weapon, 20% chance of ranged weapon....and then that boils down to further rolls, until you might have something like this:

+1, 1d4 electrical damage rapier. Would be named "Enchanted Shocking Rapier"

The random factors could've made it Flaming, Icy or Acidic Rapier or whatever.

A weapon like that would be very rare here of course, and such a system would be toned down to fit the server. Anyway, it would create immense variety of weapons, although the uncommon would be made to stay uncommon, but at least there would be a little chance for them showing up. The weapons would be more unique, as there's a small chance the loot tables would roll another weapon just like it, especially if it's an uncommon weapon.

Also, I think it'd be awesome if a thing like this were in combination with an item naming system, where one could rename those unique weapons as they see fit, and add a juicy unique description.

Anyways, I just remember something like this from another server, and wanted to know how this is received here. There is a loot system in place here already and I don't know how that functions or if this would fit in, best have a developer take on that. Thoughts?

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Random generation of weapon qualities
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
I support.

What really bugs me is seeing that tough we have tons of caladbolgs running around we cannot even see one +1 simple weapon.

It doesn't make sense at all.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »
Calabolg is one of the best low level great sword you can get, you just need a cloth to make it a +1 and then it will kill most things.
 The extra damage it adds really go by most undead DR i highly recomend it for anyone who wants to use a great sword of any level.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:27:02 PM by Avatar6666 »

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:54:22 PM »
Give me extra damage type any day over enhancement bonus.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »
Calabolg is one of the best low level great sword you can get, you just need a cloth to make it a +1 and then it will kill most things.
 The extra damage it adds really go by most undead DR i highly recomend it for anyone who wants to use a great sword of anly level.

And....MMS has them at very reasonable prices, find your nearest Murphy Merchant for details ! (yes I know, shameless plug, deal with it)

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
Eh...great okay.

I was hoping a bit for a developer take on this, like if such a thing would be feasible to implement, also with an item naming system.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »
Would be  nice to see some of the rare and exotic weapons spawn with magic properties too. You know: A dwarven quality falchion...a maul with Blautsfire properties. Might not be worth it for a fighter to take them, but fun perhaps for some of the other classes.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
Would be  nice to see some of the rare and exotic weapons spawn with magic properties too. You know: A dwarven quality falchion...a maul with Blautsfire properties. Might not be worth it for a fighter to take them, but fun perhaps for some of the other classes.

I just want a +1 rapier.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier