Author Topic: Dancing animation.  (Read 13001 times)

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
Dancing animation.
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:28:42 AM »
http://www.xfire.com/video/30abe5/

Found this while surfing Xfire videos and I thought some kind of animation like this, for certain circumstances, could be nice to have. Wondering if it is too much a bother to plan.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Telkar

• Dark Power
Re: Dancing animation.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:01:23 AM »
Nice! I've always felt dancing animations were sorely needed. I remember in one Ball in Port-a-Lucine where there was a dance, and either the characters have to stand still, or step to the sides. It looked awkward even if dancing was emoted.

There are also many other animations that would be neat to see added. Does it require a hak to get it done?

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Don't think that's possible to add? Never seen any animations that uses 2 PC's. I think that animation consists of "1" object.

Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »
god would i have loved that durring my noble days with Vincent. RPing a dance just doesn't have the same effect when you see it!

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 02:56:10 AM »
Don't think that's possible to add? Never seen any animations that uses 2 PC's. I think that animation consists of "1" object.

Yeah, it might work with some quirky scripting though (each being moved to an exact position to then play the animation separately) but the hassle seems more than it's worth to me.

Antonus Taran

• Undead Master
  • The Order of Zarus
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 02:59:52 AM »
Yup, two-person emotes are definitely possible. I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote.

Naturally i spammed it on player corpses - but anyway, it is definitely possible with scripting.
Order of Zarus Forums

Antonus Taran - Zarusian War Chaplain

"Rejoice! Let the glory of battle envelop us! Let our enemies fear us, for we are Zarus' wrath!"

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:57:25 AM »
Maybe a tweaked @follow script, keeping the following PC close

@dance (A player Dances with B player)

No Idea... I am not a scripter.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 05:12:04 PM »
Don't those dancing animation scripts already exist somewhere and could be imported? I took a look at more of those recordings from the link above, and I saw some romance animations, might be good to have too. Anyway, the other character apparently used an item on the other character so they could do the emote. If the script were imported, and connected to an @dance emote like Joe mentioned, I can imagine it not being too much of a hassle, but I can never tell really not being a scripter either. -_-

Aside from that, a dancing emote that only works on one character would go a long way to enhance things, especially gypsy dancing for current ongoings. =)

Dashru

• Undead Master
  • Ghoulie
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
Yup, two-person emotes are definitely possible. I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote.

Naturally i spammed it on player corpses - but anyway, it is definitely possible with scripting.

That's totally going on my signature as a quote.

But, yeah, I'm sure the animation could be imported easily.  Like many other things we've asked for that wouldn't be hard-at-all to implement.
"...I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote. Naturally i spammed it on player corpses..." -- Papa Zarus

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
So I was thinking...you can see more co-operative emotes from Ciaran's link, like kissing closely. It would be very neat if something like that were tweaked for the classic vampire neckbite.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »
Nope no dancing, dancing leads to kissing, and kissing leads to bans for cyber! It must be true its what my parents told me!  ;)

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 08:18:59 AM »
Nope no dancing, dancing leads to kissing, and kissing leads to bans for cyber! It must be true its what my parents told me!  ;)

Lol, it leads to romance :twak:

...only the best way for true horror to thrive.

dark_majico

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
It could lead to a bad romance!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&feature=fvst[/youtube]

Sorry!!  :offtopic:

Now back on topic...

The intimate animations hak packs are found here http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=7306 and the download size for the core haks is only 2.64 MB. In the download theres some very clear instructions on how to get these in the module, the animations work on male to female pcs, or npc to npc or npc to pc, any combination, allthough I think its human only. The animations are using pc's/npc avatars there not replaced by a single placable on a loop.

This sounding better yet? Im really impressed by this! I really think this should go in because its an amazing origional concept and I think its safe to assume no other multiplayer module in the roleplay section is using these.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Lol

*** WARNING!! THIS HAK CONTAINS NUDITY AND SEXUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENT!! ***

Much of that couldn't be included cause of the intolerance for cybering I believe, 'but' including the lightweight stuff like kissing would be neat.

dark_majico

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 07:05:10 AM »
I think our scripting wizards could do something to either stop the sexual orientated contenat from working, or block out the way in which there activated, I mean its probably either a feat (because of the hak) or a conversation of some sort that starts it off. I want to dance! lol

Rogue Pooka

• Outlander
  • Lurue loves you-u-u-u-u!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
Two-person dance emotes?  I'd be happy with a one-person dance emote or two.  Or do we already have those somewhere?

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »
Same here, and no, there aren't any sort of dancing animations yet.

Dire Corby

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
That hakpack looks brilliant!  We should totally be using these!

Fever, fever!  [dances]

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »
Is there still no dance animation.. or?
Cause I'd swear that con-artist dude in Dementlieu forced me to dance, bah..

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »
I support having a dancing animation, it would be nice to have something like that.

BrightLights

• Outlander
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
Oh my gosh. o_o That looks amazing!

Back on track, I would love for more custom emotes in general, as well as this one. I enjoy, most of all, [crosses arms], [holds ears], [crouches], etc. I love custom emotes, and please, please, please code this into Ravenloft. I will give you cookies.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
I do wonder if this is possible of being added to the sever anytime soon, I think it would be cool plus be nice for when balls and other events like that are held. *nods*

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
I do wonder if this is possible of being added to the sever anytime soon, I think it would be cool plus be nice for when balls and other events like that are held. *nods*

I am curious how one might create a dancing animation in NWN, unless it is in the 'intimate' animations that was linked up above.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »
Already answered:

Yeah, it might work with some quirky scripting though (each being moved to an exact position to then play the animation separately) but the hassle seems more than it's worth to me.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Nymphet

• Undead Slayer
  • ... Shinannigins.
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
It could possible be done with a DanceLead and DanceFollow, 2 emotes that mirror each other. It would only take a bit of coordination on the player's part to start the emote at the same time, but would be easier on scripting because it doesnt involve 2 PCs in one emote, just 2 emotes which work independently but match up together.
Especially if a 3rd emote is added to 'get close' to set PC's at the right distance to eachother for the dance emote.
And 'get close' could be useful in many RP situations aside from dancing.
Characters: Tyln - Siana - Zyvian