You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Krofburg  (Read 2402 times)

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
Krofburg
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »
First off, i love this place, its my faverote place on the whole server.

but..its an absolutley dead area - blaustine too. why is it on the server? it seems to serve no purpose other than a delivery spot for those who are willing to deliver mining equipment that far, and its a place made up entirely of crafting tables, which we have in vallaki anyway.

its such a shame, this area never gets used, theres never any dm events held there, andtheres just no reason to travell there.

i understand that its corvus's area? but i rarely see him dming which is equaly a great shame as he is a great dm, but that doesnt mean the area should be left at the back of the freezer.

the bellegarde company there have so much potential but they are just ignored.

ive tried sparking interest in the area, i used it as an HQ for the black watch whilst konrad was alive. but nada.

was there some grand plan for it when it was implemented?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:09:43 PM by -Rotten Fish- »
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Krofburg
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
If Ghakis was more visited, Krofberg would probably be a good spot to rest nearby. We are actually working on rebalancing and improving Ghakis to make it more popular. If you have suggestions for Krofberg, they are more than welcome as well.

As for Blaustein, some crafting resources only drop there and the isle is there for RP purposes. Areas outside the "hub" (Vallaki Outskirts) will never be as popular as the hub, but it doesn't mean they serve no purpose.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »
some rare reagents, rare items for sale, and make it so its easier too go too Krofsburg from the dungeons, are the easiest ways too get people there I think

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:43:02 AM »
Before my computer crash Ingwulf spent some time there. Sometimes alone sometimes with a friend....

But sadly more often alone. So I guess it has not changed much in these few months of my absence eh?

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:29:11 AM »
got a few feasable suggestions:

you could expand the dwarven mines/a ghakis dungeon and have a tunnell that leads to krof.

maybe give the belllgarde company a few quests to dish out to travellers.

add a secret trap door into the cave there, visible only to those who can spot it, and maybe put a little secret in there, or a mini dungeon or something, a smugglars cave or the like. something to spark a little mystery.

you could add a new herb that only spawns in the vineyards and can be used to create something that people would actuly want.

maybe you could expand beyond the vineyard with a few more low level areas, give low levels more reasons to go there.

i also had an idea for a plot in krof which im happy to write up and donate to a dm that wants it. did it on my writing course at uni as an exercise.

what you think of them ideas? 
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 06:17:34 AM »
just send in the plot too a DM, and ask them too put it up on the board, I am sure they have a sugestion section

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »
you could add a new herb that only spawns in the vineyards and can be used to create something that people would actuly want. 

Grapes & empty botte & Herbalist culdron = wine

Goats milk is only sold there to my knowledge ( bought a load for the ophenage feast so they were nice & fat for the ghouls  :twisted:)

I think moving a dungon there would be a great idea , it would make the possibility of people clearing out multiple dungeons in a day less possible due to the distance involved.

I do agree a little more mystery & hint of the dangers there ( such a mangled corpse with good description.)

Lastly , are the conversations simmilar to those in Vallaki or Barovia village ?  " Been a while since the last hanging [ eyes you intently] "

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 06:37:37 PM »
I was considering Ovid to become Krofburg Guarda as soon as I saw the place.
Istavan Donner

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 06:46:59 AM »
House of Eternal Dawn seems to have the background sound as a windy outdoor area, fix please.
Istavan Donner

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »
Considering I haven't seen Black Bears and they might have some sort of crafting value and are relatively easy to hunt, perhaps having a forest area where they can be hunted instead of deer spawning around Krofburg.
Istavan Donner

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01:14 PM »
I would rather see mountain goats have something, and more of them

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »
I like the goats, but they should provide meat and wool, maybe goats milk or cheese.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »
Hmm maybe coverstaion added to goats for milk , upon sucsefull use of animal empathy skill ?

Fiddlers green

• Outlander
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »
Hmm maybe coverstaion added to goats for milk , upon sucsefull use of animal empathy skill ?

that would be really cool, just dont try to milk the males.  :P
Rene