Author Topic: Help?  (Read 2518 times)

Maryn

• Dark Power
Help?
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
I am going to pull my hair out if I can't find a way to make this stop.

Windows 7. Happens when I try to open an area. Tried updating drivers, removing all haks, restarting, running in admin mode, and windows xp mode. . . .

Gah.

Arcane Archers

• Undead Slayer
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »
The same happens to me. I use Vista, and, it dosn't happen at any specific time. It will be running, and then it randomly comes up with one those messages, and then I have to shut it down. Any ideas?
Alexandru Nicolai Starkova: The Twitchycreepy
Tib-Tib: The Dwellers Feral Attack Dog

Blacky Rose

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
It is an ati/amd graphics card related issue, no fix exists to my knowledge.
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:50:15 AM »
Use the Virtual XP function that comes with windows 7 pro and higher versions. Can even get windows 95 programs to work w/o any problem. (And Yes I've tried with the editor too and it works :P)

Arcane Archers

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »
Using the Run with the XP Service Pack thing, still does that. Tried about everything I can think of.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 05:31:13 AM »
Tried disabling visual themes (window top bar transparency etc.)

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »

indeed

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:09:51 AM »

indeed

Alright, just got the idea by looking at your screenshot. You could also try opening the toolset, then go to tools -> options and uncheck the "Use environment mapping on Creatures and Items", then go to area part of the option window and for texture pack, pick the compatibility mode texture pack.

pkpeachykeen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:21 AM »
It's a driver-related bit, on new ATi drivers, like someone mentioned above. I had it for a while, but was able to "fix" it by going from the latest ATi Catalyst drivers to the recommended drivers for my card (some makers, VisionTek for example, will offer older or slightly tweaked drivers for some cards). I think the Omega drivers may not have the problem either, I don't remember seeing it on them. No amount of playing with desktop composition is likely to fix it, though (or didn't for me). Installing outside of Program Files helps a lot, but not for this particular bug.

Usually, though, if you get this, the game itself will be just a black screen. Does that happen too?

Arcane Archers

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 01:02:38 AM »
It's a driver-related bit, on new ATi drivers, like someone mentioned above. I had it for a while, but was able to "fix" it by going from the latest ATi Catalyst drivers to the recommended drivers for my card (some makers, VisionTek for example, will offer older or slightly tweaked drivers for some cards). I think the Omega drivers may not have the problem either, I don't remember seeing it on them. No amount of playing with desktop composition is likely to fix it, though (or didn't for me). Installing outside of Program Files helps a lot, but not for this particular bug.

Usually, though, if you get this, the game itself will be just a black screen. Does that happen too?

No black screen, no.