You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Journal of Charges: Melisanna and Mason Moonshadow  (Read 828 times)

Derica

• New to the Mists
Journal of Charges: Melisanna and Mason Moonshadow
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:35 PM »
Spires of the Morning, Waterdeep
Journal of Charges
Melisanna and Mason Moonshadow

Sister Melanie made a startling discovery tonight.  Two babes were left on our doorstep.  They appear to be of the same age so I can only guess them to be twins, but their similarities end here.  The girl child is quiet and calm with the palest of skin and the darkest of hair.  Her eyes show softness and are a warm brown.  The boy has ruddy complexion... either naturally or from his constant fidgeting and fussing. His hair is the color of wheat and his eyes are a vibrant blue. As it is our custom here… Sister Melanie had the honor of giving these poor whelps a name, as there was no note to be found with them.  As the night was a new moon she thought Moonshadow would be an appropriate surname.  Their first names would be a nod to her, Melisanna and Mason.

The Moonshadow toddlers are quite a pair.  Though they are rarely seen apart their personalities are as separate as their appearance.  Melisanna is quiet and reserved but shows a genuine care for other’s welfare even at such a young age.  Mason is a daydreamer.  He is easily excitable and has a short attention span.  I pray that Lathander will give me grace with this one.

The twin’s studies have begun.  I see great potential in Melisanna.  She is dutiful in ever aspect.  She spends all her free time studying the scripture or helping in any way she can.  The sisters adore her so.  She can be found helping with any chores that she is allowed to partake, ever quiet and humble.  I fear that Mason has been taking unsanctioned trips into the city.  I find him talking to Melisanna in excited whispers.  I leave his care to her, for she is the one that seems to be able to truly speak to him.  Lathander has shown great wisdom in delivering these two to us.  Left to their own devices I fear Mason would have become a criminal and Melisanna would be taken advantage of, abused in manners of which I wish not to think.

The church elders have decided to grant Melisanna the title of Dawngreeter.
She has made much progress in her studies.  She shows a surprising tolerance for non-believers.  We feel she would make an excellent Missionary or Ambassador perhaps bringing more into the fold.  She has a natural healing ability that will help her in furthering the ideals of Lathander.  She is surprisingly strong for a young lady.  Perhaps all the extra chores helped her develop physically.  We must continue to nurture her however.  She is still very young and her purity is unmatched.  The ways of the world could forever scar her… this must not come to pass.

Melisanna has wisdom well beyond her years.  She has assured me that Mason has found his calling.  I find the lad quite perplexing and trust her explicitly.  I doubt that he can be of much use in our services and know in my heart of hearts that Melisanna would not tolerate any wrong doing.  He has been released of his studies but must continue his chores as long as he stays with us. 

Melisanna constantly surprises me.  Though she rarely speaks, her few words are often profound revelations of character or insight.  She has shown a great interest in furthering her studies.  I fear we have given all we have to give and now must trust her on her own.  Lathander will guide her, this I can be sure of. Yet I cannot help but fear for her innocence.  She is with no doubt the most selfless of creatures.  I pray that Lathander will not allow her to be led astray.

I cannot drop my fears.  Please forgive me Lathander.  I have started to train Melisanna in the art of battle.  If I can give her this one skill then perhaps she can defend herself if the need ever arises.  Unsurprisingly she has taken to her new studies as seriously as anything else she does.  Her skill grows day by day and she never gets flustered or angry.  I doubt that anyone could raise her ire… but I worry for them if they do and not her.

Melisanna is taking a pilgrimage to the Morning Glow Tower in Daggerford today.  Mason, who Melisanna tells me is a formable foe himself, accompanies her.  We await for their return.  May the dawn shine brightly on these two.

It has been four weeks since Melisanna and Mason left for Daggerford.  This should have been at most a two-week journey.  We fear the worst.
Current Characters:
Eowien Seneinei: the quiet type
Da'Nask Burrfoot: maker of messes and sandwiches
Mellisanna Moonshadow: pure as the driven snow
Reba Stormhammer: good o' dwarven smith and wife o' Bram