Author Topic: Da'Nask Burrfoot's Story  (Read 838 times)

Derica

• New to the Mists
Da'Nask Burrfoot's Story
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
Hiya!  My name is Da’Nask!   Have we met before?  I meet a lot of people and sometimes I forget… so if we have already met I am sorry I forgot.  I will try to remember better. [smiles]  Do you like stories?  I do!  My friend Heru tells really good stories!  Sometimes they are sad and sometimes they are happy and sometimes they are very very interesting. I have a story!  Would you like to hear it?  I will tell you anyway… if you get bored you can always just go do something else… like go take a nap.  I have to take lots of naps cause I do too much.  I will just keep talking, I don’t mind.  I think sometimes I talk more when I am by myself than when other people are around anyway.  I know I sing a lot when I am by myself.  I practice a lot when I am making my alchemy stuff.  Most of the time I make messes rather than anything useful cause it is really hard… but if I sing while I do it I don’t get so frustrated.  Anyway, I was born in Hilo.  It is a city on Krynn.  I miss it… all my friends and family were there.  I even miss my dad, even though I made him sad just by looking at me.  See, when I was born, my mommy died.  Giving birth apparently is a REALLY big ordeal and she didn’t make it.  [tears up]  I guess I remind my daddy too much of my mom.  He loved her very much and misses her so.  He would try to stay away from me and would drink a lot to forget.  He was always trying to forget… that is how I got my name!  People would see me as a baby and ask him who was that…. Or where mom was, or what happened, or just pretty much anything and dad would always say “don’t ask” with a frown and then go back to his drinking.  So the town decided that must be my name!  I like it really… but it sorta always reminds me how miserable I made my dad.  Sooo… I would make myself scarce… even though I didn’t have any brothers and sisters which is REALLY unusual for a Kender family… did I mention I was a Kender?  Most people don’t know what Kender are here… seems like there aren’t many Kender in Barovia, but now my cousin Taz is here!  He was looking for me and found me!  I am really happy that he found me, but I am really sad cause now he is stuck here like I am!  [starts to cry]  And…. And…we may never see all our friends and cousins and Hilo… and… and… well there is so much I need to teach and show Taz about Barovia. [seems to forget that she was crying]  And I need to introduce him to all the important people here like Zander cause he is a merchant and a smith too! That way Taz can get help if he needs it cause lots of times you need help while doing stuff here.   Anyway, I have a kitty named Gizmo.  She takes care of me and makes sure that I feel loved.   I ran away from home cause I felt like I just made everyone sad.  I was tired of my dad always drinking and being sad just cause he looked at me.  So I thought that if I went away he wouldn’t have to look at me and he could be happy again.  I ran and ran and ran until I got tired, and then I took a nap.   I made sure to make lots of sandwiches before I left.  Have I made you a sandwich yet?  Do you know what they are?  Lots of people here have never heard of them before.  I learned how to make them when I was littler cause I didn’t have anyone to make me food unless I went to my aunts’ and uncles’ houses.  I hated to be a burden on anyone like I was for my dad.. so I learned to be self-sufficient… and make my own food.  Sandwiches are really good cause they travel well.  Here!  I will make some for you so you can take them with you and eat them when you get hungry. [sits on the floor and rummages through her bags getting out slices of meats, cheeses, and crusty bread]  Anyway… when I ran away I found Gizmo… or she found me… I don’t remember.  I told I have problems remembering!  Anyway.. I think she didn’t have a mommy either cause she seemed sad. She is very curious as well, maybe she is part Kender!  So… I felt better now that I found someone who I made happy and not sad and who made me happy too!  So Gizmo and I went back to Hilo and I introduced her to everyone who would listen and some that weren’t even paying attention.  It is hard to not pay attention when Gizmo is around though; I guess she is kinda big for a kitty.  So Gizmo and I had many adventures.  Many times we would take my cousin Taz with us.  Taz always liked my sandwiches and he liked going on adventures and he liked Gizmo too!   Anyway one day Gizmo was chasing something… I think it was a mink… she is a great huntress!  So she was stalking and running and pouncing and I was trying to keep up but she is very sneaky and very fast! We ended up in this weird forest with lots and lots of fog.  I have never seen so much fog!  It made everything very quiet and it was really hard to see.  I called and called for Gizmo and could not find her anywhere.  All the sudden this meanie bonks me on the head!  I don’t know why?  Why would you just bonk someone on the head for no reason at all?  It makes no sense to me and I personally think it is very rude!  I would never just bonk someone on the head unless they were asking for it and I am pretty sure that when I was looking for Gizmo I was NOT asking for someone to bonk me on the head!  So… that is my story! [smiles big] What do you think??? [gives you a bunch of sandwiches]

Current Characters:
Eowien Seneinei: the quiet type
Da'Nask Burrfoot: maker of messes and sandwiches
Mellisanna Moonshadow: pure as the driven snow
Reba Stormhammer: good o' dwarven smith and wife o' Bram