Author Topic: Cry to the Devs... Please can I have a script?  (Read 2181 times)

Grieyls

• Undead Master
Cry to the Devs... Please can I have a script?
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
Hey fellow developers and gaming gurus... Ahem, well I've been mucking about with NWN toolset and been have lots of fun building area's and what not. However I've run into a snag. Yes you guessed it, scripting... I'm a complete noob to it :P Anyhoo I was wondering if the Devs would be so kind as to help me out with one little scripting job that I have no idea on how to pull off. What I would like is a creature spawning script IE like the one on this illustrious server. That is a script that spawns critter after critter with increasing difficulty as time progresses. If you could give me some pointers... or better yet just hand that darn script over  :mrgreen:

Pretty please, with sugar on top ;)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Cry to the Devs... Please can I have a script?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »
The script that controls this is very involving and just handing it over wouldn't help you much I'm afraid. It'll take a very long time introducing you to how to set it up in your module.

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »
Thanks no probs but I think I just found a work around... Encounter trigger... Squee! Set to continious spawn with a delayed timer works just like a treat  :mrgreen:

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Boo Ya! I found a waypoint system that does spawning even better... anyhoo, onto another issue...

What I would like to do is have a rest system script much like the one used on this server... How about's it? Any pointers?... I have a Allow Rest trigger but I'm befudlled on how to get it to work :?

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »
Try nwvault or the bioware forums instead - while there are a few people here who knows scripting well chances are there are already finished systems like that on the vault.