You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Dyes  (Read 3508 times)

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
Dyes
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
I made a new pc and am having a super hard time finding dyes.  The new system is a lot more difficult and time consuming than the other one of just picking the dye bottle and going.  Can we change back to the other way?  Or is there a list of dye colors?  I've had no luck entering a specific dye number or finding a dye with the new system.  Very difficult from the way it used to be.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

Shadowthrone

Re: Dyes
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
Oh, I forgot to report this a couple days ago:

The dye system in the starting area doesn't seem to register "Choose a specific dye" numbers. I don't know if it's working in the in-game areas.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
Oh, I forgot to report this a couple days ago:

The dye system in the starting area doesn't seem to register "Choose a specific dye" numbers. I don't know if it's working in the in-game areas.

Good catch. We need to update that NPC. I'll do so soonish.

Arcane Archers

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »
I agree with Jug... It was -WAY- easier just picking a color out of the store and using the Dye bottle thing. A lot more time consuming and complicated, from just picking a color and using it on the things you want to dye. This is just... Ugh.  :nonono:
Alexandru Nicolai Starkova: The Twitchycreepy
Tib-Tib: The Dwellers Feral Attack Dog

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
it took me an hour to make 1 outfit.... 1! i gave up in the end.

scrap the new system!
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »
I am curious what is the new system?

Gorasin

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »
Pick your number system. It requires you to know the color system and look up the numbers.
The dark side is always there, waiting for us to enter, waiting to enter us.
Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight.

dark_majico

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
Are you forgeting the preview function. You do realise that when you cycle through the colours the corrisponding dress model (dummy) cycles to the next colour, choosing preview changes the colour on the dummy so you see the colour. This is much better than the old way then picking random pots who colour names mean nothing to the average person.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »
I find the new system is really easy the way I do it. When I design an outfit I do it in the toolset. I load the current cep starter module and design away. When I decide on the colors I compare what colors I used with the color chart here on the website and write down the numbers. Then I get in game buy the dyes and craft the design. Designing in the toolset is much faster in game too and you can experiment readily. Also the names of the colors are not exactly accurate (light grey = white for instance) and I am partially color blind anyway so the number system really works out better for me. Also I no longer have to spend tons of gold trying to find a good color anymore  :)
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."