Author Topic: New Domain  (Read 9067 times)

bidocks

• Outlander
Re: New Domain
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 09:47:46 AM »
Just a couple notes to add on the last post.  I was there at the same time.

1:  There was a level 9 cleric, a level 10 fighter type, and a level 13 monk there too, so by no means were you the lowest level.

2:  That was a crazy high spawn

3:  We likely would have been ok were it not for the scouting.  The biggest problem we had was communication.  Many wanted to be the hero, but there is no room for heroes, just teamwork in a place like that.

In my experiences there, invisibility is nearly worthless.  The pit fiends and other demons dispel everything anyway.  They are very hard to hit, I needed 20's to hit them as well.

Glad to see a dungeon we can't just know we will finish everytime, but.....  Here's the party last night:  level 19?  wizard, level 18 fighter type, level 17 druid, level ?? (high) cleric, level 13 cleric, level 13 monk, level 10 fighter type, level 9 cleric.  Guess what, everyone working together, still ridiculously hard.  We killed about a dozen pit fiends and several other things around, then the server reset.  After all that, got a "fairly eventful" on my rest.  We spent lots of time, potions, etc, and got basically nothing, but, only 3 or 4 deaths.  Tough dungeon.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »
Just a couple notes to add on the last post.  I was there at the same time.

1:  There was a level 9 cleric, a level 10 fighter type, and a level 13 monk there too, so by no means were you the lowest level.

2:  That was a crazy high spawn

3:  We likely would have been ok were it not for the scouting.  The biggest problem we had was communication.  Many wanted to be the hero, but there is no room for heroes, just teamwork in a place like that.

In my experiences there, invisibility is nearly worthless.  The pit fiends and other demons dispel everything anyway.  They are very hard to hit, I needed 20's to hit them as well.

Glad to see a dungeon we can't just know we will finish everytime, but.....  Here's the party last night:  level 19?  wizard, level 18 fighter type, level 17 druid, level ?? (high) cleric, level 13 cleric, level 13 monk, level 10 fighter type, level 9 cleric.  Guess what, everyone working together, still ridiculously hard.  We killed about a dozen pit fiends and several other things around, then the server reset.  After all that, got a "fairly eventful" on my rest.  We spent lots of time, potions, etc, and got basically nothing, but, only 3 or 4 deaths.  Tough dungeon.

Ok, I stand corrected then, anyway: Perfidus is cool the way it was (dunno what this update done) it's a hard place, made for teamwork and well coordinated. You try to be a hero? You will die.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
I agree I liked how it was. But now curious about how it has been changed.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »

Mainly in regards to treasure, I think, but haven't looked it over...

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »

It's mainly treasure, but I also moved the Vistani Captain in an area the pit fiends can't reach so he doesn't get killed anymore. I've also diversified the devils a bit more so that on a low spawn, other things than just hamatulas spawn.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
ah, good because that swarm of hamatula's stacking evil blight, is just well evil!