Author Topic: XP  (Read 27919 times)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: XP
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 02:23:59 AM »
To an extend, yeah, though I'd prefer not giving away too many details on this part of the system to prevent speculation in it.
LOL everyone will be typing book long responses now that you said that.

Hah, sounds good. It wouldn't be any more rewarding than a more balanced amount, but it'll be entertaining to watch ;)

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:42 AM »
The trouble with long responses is,  you'd be like....

Char 1: Hey, there. How are you?

[waits for response].....[still waiting]

Char 1: [waves hand in front of face] Hello, you there?

[waits still... eventually giving up and walking off]

Char 1: Guess they were in a daze

[moves off map]

Char 2: Hello, so what are you doing today I could use some real excitement. Maybe we should hook up and see what kind of adventure we could find. The rewards would be worth the risk I am sure. So what do you think? Could be fun you.... [watches the first char walk away] Oh never mind.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 08:42:32 AM »
Yeah, but, long responses isn't the key to RP XP. If you just roleplay in a casual way, it should already give you the max the system is gonna dish out. There's no need speculating it.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 11:46:41 PM »
Aww i was going to use a rant generator ic. :(

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 05:12:25 AM »
I wasn't speculating just illustrating a possible pitfall is all. Happens to me all the time not cause I do long responses but because I'm a darn slow typer and most times can't keep up with the conversation that is occuring on screen ;)

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:01 AM »
but yah my new wizard takes forever to level now, granted the last couple days i have been in a dm storyline with anouther char but when i play him rp xp seems to be the way to go. To bad he is an evil ass.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 03:50:52 AM »
I used to get plenty of XP from talking. Nowdays however, neither of my lvl 19 characters seem to be getting much at all from talking. after every rest I universaly seem to get "nothing has happened" message.

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 08:08:34 AM »
I always get ineventful or slightly eventful now.  Rarely get a satisfied from anything, and never get prouds.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:49 AM »
Getting nothing has happened in many just rped circumstances also when typing a lot and getting many apparent "experience gained" messages. I've never changed my style in RP and I've always got a lot of XPs by simple talk. However I must say I notice a difference now, 2 characters or 10, spamfest or just a few messages, and the rest message remains the same "close to nothing". *shrugs*
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

bidocks

• Outlander
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »
I'd have to agree, something is different.  Several months ago, I made a cleric that went to level 4 in about 4 hours.  Recently, I've started a fresh face and it seemed to take forever to get level 3, as in many more hours than the other to level twice.  My higher char's are levelling more slowly and a friend's char was on the brink of a level (even though played for hours a day, rp and kills) for over 10 days.  This would be fine except they're a level 8?  I mean how long should it take to get to 20?  At this rate, I expect about 6 years playing for 4 to 5 hours a day the way I do.  That's quite a commitment.  I love this server, but its a bit disappointing seeing all these high levels around and knowing you will likely never get there because the rules have changed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not really bitter, I just wish the rules would be set and STAY that way, instead of every other week they change like it seems to be lately.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
XP is definitely slowed more than it used to be. without a doubt in my mind. It has nothing to do with you level either, its very slow at the lowest of levels compared to what it used to be too.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:28 PM »
Ok, here's a couple of things I'd like to see reviewed:

1) werecreatures. They are supposed to give XP. At least, SOME XP. Wererats give none. Werewolves never gave much. With my 12th level cleric, they give none. Lowlando loup garou give some. Regarding werecreatures: they challenge are way over their XP, even most when they can run from you faster than you will ever be able to run aginst then.

Seriously: To kill a lowland loup garou you gotta run. The work it takes to kill one should reward the characteres.

2) jellys and puddings. Ok, they are not THAT challenging... BUT you're risking to lose equipment fighting then.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Ecnarrot

• New to the Mists
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »
For some odd reason it took me basically no time to go from level 2 to 4 but then I am basically stalled. I have been stuck at thriving in my chosen path for the last two days even though I probably visit a dungeon once a day and then spend the rest of my time roleplaying, it still tells me that I need to "slow down" in the end of the resting message. I am a bit puzzled.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:44:32 PM by Tahnou »
Praugan Offa

mayvind

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 07:11:59 AM »
XP gain less nowaday ... this i notice too !

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 07:20:08 AM »
I'm continously monitoring the general XP buffer status, and it all seems fine. Average is about 7,300 which is the ideal. You are gaining less XP , but the buffer settings hasn't changed, meaning the progression over time is unchanged. What may be experienced should only be periodical differences, that'll eventually even themselves out.

• Dark Power
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »
I have a 18th level char been at new dawns going on 7 months, When does it even out?

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

bidocks

• Outlander
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 09:42:56 AM »
I don't understand, if we are gaining less XP, then we would gain levels slower.  Am I mistaken?

Also,  what can I do to gain more XP?  Ex, groups with varied levels where I am higher or lower than most?  Small groups, large groups?  I don't want to beat the system, just want to know the rules so I can better play by them.

And a simple question that you would likely know the answer to:  Starting as a level 2, playing several hours a day, with a healthy mix of RP and Hunting, how long in RT should one expect it to take to get to level 20?  I know there is not "set in stone" answer, but a roundabout is fine.

Thanks for all your hard work!

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 09:50:18 AM »
I've no levels 20, but a 18 and a 16, so I have been watching some of the actual lev 20 hitting that. More or less I might say 1 year and a half, maybe some more, it depends on many circumstances.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

bidocks

• Outlander
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »
That is the way it used to be, how about someone who started playing today?

mayvind

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
That is the way it used to be, how about someone who started playing today?

start setting the clock and wait about 2 years to find out ?

bidocks

• Outlander
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
Was actually asking Zarathustra, but thank you for your responses.

blackgoku23

• Outlander
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
Whew! so i have also noticed that the XP system and gone down alot goodness... KIlled 2 pit fiends and destroyed the fane and i got nothing has happened now there has got to be something wrong with that... and my char is only lvl 16 sad day when that happens so much risk little gain *sigh*
Malfoed Calahan - The Son of Zeruko
Zeruko - The Cyric Priest (Deceased Perm'ed')
Thignus Lordticun - The Dwarven Slayer

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
Same type for me.  I can get quite satisfied with a ton of rp and dungeoning but not any prouds.  I'm not capped in any way.  XP is a lot lower now.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
Did the Skellie cave under Morninglord Temple in Barovia and after duking it out with mobs of Skeleton Lords and Juju Zombie Champions after each rest I was getting "Nothing much has happened" message... I have to say I was a little confused. Yes there were five of us but those critters are tough. What gives?

bidocks

• Outlander
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »
I was there with you, got two "quite satisfied" and the rest were fairly eventful.  Not sure how that works.