You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Franco Klaufenbergs journeys: Journal of his travels  (Read 960 times)

Budly

• Dark Power
Franco Klaufenbergs journeys: Journal of his travels
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:23:12 AM »
//If I overstepped any boundaries with this story please do inform me! I Know there is a issue with using NPC's but I dont think I done so here.

I have found my way to Barovia, this is my first entry from the nation.

I travelled with a strange man and his dog, he told me he could get me to Barovia, this wildland! Where our culture and technology has not yet fully reached. I heard many strange and dark stories from this land from others who travelled there for trade and exploration.

What I found most oddly was that the trip felt so short, the man smiled at me, his hair was graying, he was older then one thought and his dog seemed worn by age as well. One night he told me to be careful in Barovia, warned me of wandering the night and to be weary of what happens. Seemingly odd things been happening in Barovia, plagues and civil war? A keep had been destroyed he told me. We ate our soup and then I fell asleep with the man, sitting there, glancing at the star filled sky.

Upon waking up the man was gone, I called out for him but his dog did not come rushing like before to great me. All I found was a feather laying at the place he sat. It might be nothing but I keep it as memory of his odd disappearance. Perhaps he was jut a helpful man thinking he had done his job for now helping me get to Barovia? I do not know, at least not for now. I walked out of the woods and beyond the morning mist I saw a camp. Was it...was this one of the camps of the odd and mysterious Vistani? He had warned me not to get on the wrong foot with these, especially not in Barovia. I ventured up to the camp carefully, in my rather ugly and non glamorous outfit, in Dementliue they would have laughed, but non the less I was greeted by a man. They where suspicious of me, since I was a stranger erupting from the woods suddenly. But I spoke to one of their Vistana I believe it was called.

She shown me cards, my destiny? Cards showing sultry women and towers, it was odd and thinking of it with scientific thinking its nonsense but somehow I am not home anylonger and I do not dare disrespect this, the man had warned me and the woman told me to leave for the city of grey...What this all means is hard to say but I will venture to this city and I will see for myself what happens next. Vallaki...

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Franco Klaufenbergs journeys: Journal of his travels
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:14:37 AM »
I asked around for the stories of some people inside the local templer here at the outskirts of Vallaki, reluctant speak was what I meet from the almost empty temple, but one man, not native or old to the land at all. He spoke of an vampire attack, which had me curious. Would one dare go to find this vampire to speak with it? Or would it be my end? I believe I shall take the moment to not enter into the night to find this creature or being.

For now I simply stay safe. By respecting the gentlemen I spoke to I shall not write up any names in this journal for now, there for most people will be nameless.

Second entry from inside Barovia, Franco Klaufenberg 

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Franco Klaufenbergs journeys: Journal of his travels
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:35:21 AM »
Upon asking around in the temple a woman starts to tell me a story of a vanquished lich named Carmac, a very powerful lich, one if not the mightiest. Although a hero named Tarth stopped this being taking the Phylactery (?) with him, but no one ever seen him since. Carmac with full name is Carmac Atta Alas.

A expeditionary force went down inside the crypt in the Morning lord temple, finding a group of ghouls and a high caste ghoul, which was under the blood god banner she proclaimed. On ruins, the lich name was marked. A cruel cult seeking to bring the unliving as a master over the living. Thinking the problem was over some days later, the bad news meet them when a ghost-child carrying a doll that it called Carmac. The woman I questioned, concerned about this event went deeper down to explore the crypt. Where she found the ghoul hordes thicker yet again, It took the woman and two more spellcasters to dispel the runes the second time. Feeling drained after this deed, not thinking it would be so draining, the woman returns to her life as it two days later happens more troublesome events when the church start to shake. In a big number those who reside in the church enter the crypt to find a even larger horde of undead. With sacrificed bodies and a new circle of the blood god of course, found at the place. But this time it was two circles, taking two spellweavers their full power to unweave it, nearly killing them both in the process.

At this moment, they try to find out more of this Carmac.

Third entry from inside Barovia, Franco Klaufenberg