You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Travel - Blaustein  (Read 1431 times)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Travel - Blaustein
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »
I was thinking about the mist camp too blaustein travel route. For me atleast it doesn't make sense
Could we maybe remove the caravan travel, and just use the boat?
Might be I am the only one who wants it

HellsPanda

Telkar

• Dark Power
Re: Travel - Blaustein
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:49:22 PM »
I think having the island only accessible by sea makes sense yes.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
  Personally I think mist travel is rather fantastical in and of itself, so skipping over vast tracks of land(?) to end up in some pocket hell domain really doesn't seem any more realistic than saying it would be ridiculous if traversing water? Not knowing how mist travel works of course, I guess I just assumed land/sea/air/time/space don't really apply as known.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
Its ok the carriage was made by Willy Wonka and it flies like his elevator.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 04:32:55 AM »
My question is though, how come they can't take you off the island through the mists as well?

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »
Going to a pirate Isle & not going by ship is like going to New York & not buying one of those awfull foam "statue of Liberty" head thingies ...well you get the idea .

Mist travel is by no means safe (as will be demonstrated by the up comming random encounters), so even though in all my PnP career the only ship I sailed on that didnt sink turned out to be a ghost ship anyway , I would rather travel via ship to an Island just off the coast than risk getting lost in the spooky mysterious mists forever.

Allright the extra cost is a minor trouble, but all in all traveling from one of the south-most domains to almost the most northerly in one hop is as far fetched as Kayne's plans for killing the gods & taking over heaven.

:twocents:

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »
It'd be an idea. I've been trying to figure out how to better handle to Blaustien. The reason why Vistani don't stop there is because the Darklord has a thing for women and is really controling.