You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: cooking and campfires and campfires with pots  (Read 1008 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
cooking and campfires and campfires with pots
« on: March 20, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
It used to be that you could 'use' meat on 'cookfires with pot' that are spread around in some places in the server to 'cook' them instead of using a PC created campfire. Yet, when I tried this today, it gave me the message that I need to use it on a campfire. Has this functionality been removed and if so why? I thought it was cool to cook in a proper cookpot right at the vistani...

(If this has already been discussed, I must have missed it...)
Has been described as a sometimey player

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: cooking and campfires and campfires with pots
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
I seriously hate being a thread necromancer, but I can't find any other mention of this after doing searching and having experienced the same thing. Have cookfires with pots hanging over them been disabled from cooking meat? Or is just the cookpot at Petre's Vistani camp bugged? I hate having to make a campfire next to a perfectly sound looking cookpot setup...
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Miuo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »
Agreed, and it allows it to see like you are actually making something rather then sitting around a campfire and having to emote doing so, would be nice if the build a fire option gave, "Build a Campfire" and the option to "Build a cooking fire" or some such and have the amount increased for building the second since it would take some more work.

Axra

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:11:21 AM »
sound logic.  Maybe get extra rations or something for cooking with utensils O.o