You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Larger Windowed mode Size  (Read 2276 times)

Emomina

• Dark Power
Larger Windowed mode Size
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »
I am wanting to have a larger window to play in when ever i am in windowed mode. Does anyone know how?

Here is a screenshot to show just how much larger I could afford to make it.  Hopefully someone out there is more familiar than I, its been over a year since last I played around with it.

I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
Re: Larger Windowed mode Size
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 05:55:09 AM »
I think the only way to get your windowed screen larger is to actually LOWER your in game resolution. At least that is the only way I have been able to do it.  :(
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:56:13 AM »
In your options menu, increase the games resolution to pretty high. You've clearly got it on the lowest setting, hence the way the hotkeys go from one side to the other.

If that isn't enough, you might want to consider making your screens resolution lower.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
Your in game resolution needs to be lower than your desktop resolution, so set it as high as possible. Unfortunately you can't get it to cover the entire screen in windowed mode.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
Both NWN and the desktop are 1920x1200.   So should have the in game resolution lower, and it will be a larger window because of  it then, that right?
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
Da.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »
Think so. I think the problem is because NWN is the same size (or bigger) than the desktop, your computer goes 'Oh, buggery, something's up here' and dumps it down to the lowest resolution to be on the safe side.