You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Monitor color display problems  (Read 2185 times)

Shanka108

• New to the Mists
Monitor color display problems
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »
Just a week ago my monitor now displays the color red as the color black while also displaying things much brighter than what they are supposed to be. The only time the color red shows up as red in on my on screen display. I've checked the cables for bent/missing pins, reconnected them and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Any suggestion on what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

Please and Thank You  :D

Maryn

• Dark Power
Re: Monitor color display problems
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:22:35 PM »
Assuming you haven't dropped, damaged, gotten wet, your computer or monitor, have you updated anything lately, particularly video drivers?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
No, this is a  1: Your monitor us no more; or 2: Your video card is no more;

I'd bet that's a monitor issue, since I had that on my old 17' CRT monitor, lost the blue pallete, everything looked dirty, mesh of yellowish color, it sucked.

I keep getting errors about not being able to post threads.

Shanka108

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »
Thanks for the responses and yes i have updated my video card drivers recently. Video Card=NVIDIA GeForce 6100
I'll try and get a spare monitor to test if it is not my video card

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
Ow boy! That video card....jeez, I had a GeForce FX 5200 not long ago, but I'm VERY glad it's in a permanent sleep inside a box somewhere in my wardrobe. Does it have a DVI connector? 'cause I really think you'll be needing to buy a new monitor for the sake of visual quality.

Shanka108

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
It does have a DVI connector. Will connecting the DVI solve the red problem?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. It can be a problem direct on the hardware of the monitor or in it's cable, the only way to eliminate the cable possibility is testing it. Of course, if you monitor has multiple connectors, in case it only has the VGA one or just the DVI one, still worth the test, but in order to make it right, you'd need to test a different cable in the same connector, or a different cable on a different kind of connector, like VGA or DVI.

Note: When I mean VGA, I don't mean Video Graphics Adapter, I mean the connector itself.