Author Topic: Awesome alchemy ^^  (Read 2349 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Awesome alchemy ^^
« on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »
Just wanted to praise alchemy some and recent additions, very nice. :thumbup: :mrgreen:  (there should be a praises sticky for the developers actually I think, similar to positive RP experiences thread)

Feel free to comment criticism on the craft.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Re: Awesome alchemy ^^
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
Oh I agree! I love the new regeants! It makes alchemy so much more fun knowing there are a ton more to do out there!

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »
Just seen the fruits of one of the new ingredients from a very happy alchemist  :thumbup:

Spoiler: show
Helps to redress the imbalance  between :_NB__Wizard_by_Xrodias::fighter: ..I can see some very happy warriors & very rich alchemists in the near future.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:01:49 PM by Tarinyar »

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
So hm...I ran into some giant spiders and thought some poison gland regent would be nice coming from them. Weaker poison from the normal ones, stronger for dire spiders and super strong from some stronger and rarer spiders. Then when applying them to weapons there'd have to be a dexterity check or something, with a chance of poisoning oneself (assassins excluded).

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »
Perhaps a reflex check instead so rouges can apply poisin easily as well.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
Umm isent there a in game feat available to certain classes at certain levels for poison use ? (Blackguard & assassin for example)

Dashru

• Undead Master
  • Ghoulie
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
Umm isent there a in game feat available to certain classes at certain levels for poison use ? (Blackguard & assassin for example)

Use Poison Feat.  It can be placed on items aswell.  Someone suggest an item with the use poison feat. ;)
"...I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote. Naturally i spammed it on player corpses..." -- Papa Zarus

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »
Glad you guys enjoy the new possibilities with the craft :)

As for a praise topic, we actually already have one, but it was in the appearance and aesthetics forum, so moved it here now:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10905.0

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
in line with the other Golems, could the Snow variety also get something?

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
Would love the addition of :

Holy varnish (divine damage)    source is difficult to really imagine, but adding a dungeon full of good aligned outsiders might be an idea.

Unholy varnish ( negative energy damage)    increasingly difficult and rarer undead  to make the various varnishes.

Entangle AoE varnish wiith a "slow" on hit property         Reaver musk/mucus ingredient

Poisons:  Increasing DCs based on the spider glands harvested,  maybe the rarest/greater varnish being DC 30 fort or thereabout.  Duration is short, on hit only.

Web AoE varnish    Spiders as well.

"Stun"  on hit varnish.            source is  Greater Aragat. and the duration is very short, one or two rounds.  DC reasonable, just like the actual monster.

Sonic damage varnish:    either "daze" effect or on hit Sonic damage   or both

((will edit this post when i get time and clean it up and add to it, but wanted to get them all down)

I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Pepchko

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »

Web AoE varnish    Spiders as well.

Silk Gland!

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
Holy varnish (divine damage)    source is difficult to really imagine, but adding a dungeon full of good aligned outsiders might be an idea.

Holy Water

Uncorrupted Treant Heart (Or some less verbose name, harvested from Corrupt Treants, a chunk of wood that was uncorrupted and still retains essences of nature and life)

Ghosts like Gilos could drop an essense of some kind. 'ECTOPLASM OF THE PURE' to sound excessively lame, but you get the idea.

Holy Varnish could be handy, though I'd say using it as AoE should be like a throwable Turn Undead instead of damage, since Holy Water already serves that function. Or redo it as Positive Varnish.