You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Letters in balok scattered around Vallaki  (Read 1905 times)

Taty

• Dark Power
Letters in balok scattered around Vallaki
« on: February 23, 2010, 05:36:10 PM »
Attention Militia and Garda !

If the practice of putting garlic in front of every building is continued we of the night will respond. Henceforth any building found blocked with garlic inside or out will be burnt to the ground. If that does not deter you the matter can escalate further. We know who you are, who your family and friends are and we are happy to punish you each for your insolence ! We will be sure that Vallaki's citizens are aware their suffering is a result of your actions. Though we do not wish to harm the Garda we will not feel badly about harming the outlander criminals enlisted in Vallaki's name. You have been warned !

The Lady of the Night

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:23:43 PM by Taty »

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Letters in balok scattered around Vallaki
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
This does not seem to be an idle threat for it seems that a good portion of the garlic that was placed on the outside was replaced by small pieces of pale flesh. However all the garlic that is placed on the inside of buildings remains undisturbed for now...

Dashru

• Undead Master
  • Ghoulie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:51 AM »
A replying poster

"The more you threaten us, the less tolerable we'll be.  You may have possession of the night, but you nu will have possession of where we take refuge.  Stay in your domain, we stay in ours.  Continue to make idle threats and we'll stake you all through the heart and throw you to the sun! There's more of than there are of you, tread lightly.  The first blaze will be the last incident you'll cause.  We tolerate you far too much, for reasons I nu comprehend.  But that's about to change if you continue"

--Anonymous
"...I was griefing a social server the other day, and noticed that they had some very explicit emotes that forced two characters to perform a very 'cooperative' emote. Naturally i spammed it on player corpses..." -- Papa Zarus

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
[A reply nailed to the Lady's Resting Place sign with a piece of garlic hanging from it]

It's hard to refuse such a good deal.  I mean, if we don't take away the garlic, you'll attack the establishments!  And when we take the garlic (that we put up as a reaction to attacks on several establishments) away, you'll be free to attack the establishments again!  Wait, that's not a good deal at all!

Learn how to bargain properly.  Until then, I'll make sure to tuck a few sharpened stakes in my belt when I head out.  Happy hunting.

- THEODORE HOB
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:01:50 AM by Bad_Bud »

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:41 AM »
*Walks about in the day light seeing all the responses to the threats made by the night, He walks up to one in the outskirts and puts it in his pocket absently to read later and continues walking down the street. He looks about once more as the sun glistens in the sky and says* "Well,well, This isnt going to end well. I also think there may be a sudden need of guards... *John Ferro smiles wolfishly and goes about reading the various things said occasionaly pocketing a poster or relocating one*

Mephisto

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
[Many of the superstitious peasants of Vallaki respond to the shadowy threats by placing up more of the ever-present garlic around their homes]
Courage is not the absence of fear, but having the ability to face it.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
[One singular note (in common) placed not on the other notices, but close by instead, likely due to Theodore's garlic placement.]

Do note that the scent of all the rotting garlic you place in your streets and homes will attract the swarms of rats and rat-neuri from your infested sewers. I hope you all enjoy their company.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
[faintly written amendment in Balok] 

It is winter, it is so cold that liquids freeze before they have a chance to reach the equally frozen earth and the garlands hang stiffly above lintels of homes all over Vallaki, some are so dessicated I suspect they've been in place a ten year now.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
In an unschooled sript an uneven text is added to the notice

I leave no garlic at the door & yet you still seek to defile a humble refuge, a challenge where none was sought.
Seems you are willing to gain more enemies than you can count of late. May you rejoin the eternal cycle.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 12:08:09 AM »
*Doctor Larcen Walks down the street littered with flesh, garlic, and, notes. He considers absently if there is some new morbid holiday he is unaware of*