Author Topic: @Voice command used by MPCs  (Read 5415 times)

The Unkindness of Ravens

• Undead Slayer
  • Here lies everything, the world I wanted..
Re: @Voice command used by MPCs
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
Text in your box
Text in your box
Lookin' like a fool
Yellow text in your box

Players in the back
Backseat driving
Not knowing what went on
Thinking they are cool cats

Not knowing what went on,
Lookin' like a fool,
Yellow text in your box

Give it up

I agree with Lotte.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
At least make a vague attempt to sound on topic, guys.  -_-;

Lockleed

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »
I agree with what Marle has said.  Tool or not, and even really ability or not, it shouldn't really be used to aggressively dictate RP onto someone else.  My take on it, after implementation, was that it was a mood-setting device meant to help spook people and promote the horror of your MPC.  Same as the @growl and @howl tools for lycanthropes.

Course, nobody is infallible, either; muckraking while fun is rarely productive.

Aldarris

• Dark Lord
  • The Anti-Stalinist
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
Vampires are not immune to cheese.  Just like anyone using HIPS, I'd expect if there is some kind of 'physical' interraction, much like someone attacking or touching another in invisibility for the illusion either spell or supernatural in nature to wear off... the mist form or the PC attempting to do so would show themselves, at least temporarily so that players would know completely what the situation was, as well as PCs who are well learned in such lore could possibly ATTEMPT TO ROLEPLAY BACK, and identify what was going on with proper checks or professional expertise.

I still stand by my statement that this was UNINTENTIONAL grieving...which really there is nothing wrong with, considering we have yes all made mistakes in the past, and what we do is learn from them.

Cheers to whoever this thread is about, learn from this, and game on.

Reeeeeeelaaaaax....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:34:56 PM by Aldarris »
Figures, Soren's too busy to do something positive.  He thinks putting a smiling face in every message is positivity.

Heretic is a terrible player, always has been.  No wonder PoTM numbers are dwindling *sigh*

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »
Well then the issue was fixed as lotte said but you shouldnt have said the name just a heads up with these things. So well guess this talk is over.. Right then.

marlewebber

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Well I want everyone to know I thought about it carefully before bringing this forward. I must reiterate it was a creative attempt to harass my PC, a welcome challenge, but when people were thinking it was a DM I realized this needed to be brought up.  Having used the @voice tool a bit with another PC of mine I felt like I came from a position of experience to critique the proper use of the tool - I didn't mean to come off as abrasive or condescending in my original post.  So please, don't feel like a fool.

I still think the roleplay itself was valid and quite thrilling but I think utilizing regular emotes would be an example of how to avoid the confusion.  For me a little toggle dislike works, you may be suprised when I don't jump the gun and still roleplay with the unknown.

Some other things about this thread:

On Caterina; Yes, would make a lovely undead.
DM Knas; will you write my wedding vows?

And now for a perfectly on topic suggestion: Is it possible to have MPC voice text come up, as a different color than yellow?

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
If it can come up as red or green that would be nice :D

mayvind

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
things is what so different if it from DM or MPC ?, it is because it is from DMs people behave more and proper RP while from MPC we can buff the hells up and search the area for the culprint and kill it ? As long as MPC RP within guildlines and doesnt emote it outside theirs own sphere then it is acceptable. this is why the MPC was giving it in the first place the power to add to the RP element different from other PCs. So why make it so that people know it from a MPC or DM ? OOC knowledge ?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
In this case, I think the good thing for the MPC to do would have been to contact Marle about the misty stuff, both as a cooperative gesture and also because Marle's mists might have specific things linked to them.