Author Topic: Potions in loot  (Read 7583 times)

Kaspar

Re: Potions in loot
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
Looks like stock-up time to me.   :mrgreen:

:D

As a main character with a herbalist, I never bothered to have the potions he made sold, but just horded them for personal use. With the insanely high drop rate it'd make taking the herbalist craft a waste of time, I could probably farm for more potions in dungeons then I could herbs to make them and the cost behind that with potion bottles.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:28:24 PM by Peasant »

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:02 PM »
From normal dungeoning, it's not worth it. That skeleton dungeon, however, I walked away with a good 60 potions in one whole pass through.
Delete Me.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
I found a restoration potion on low spawn at low dungeon. As an herbalist, why would I hold on to bags of herbs waiting for the seasons to change and get the final piece of a recipe, when I can just farm for it?
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »
Saving herbs and thinking to use potions for trade, at this rate, is quite pointless.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »
Perhaps it would be better to just remove them from the loot tables save as boss fights or something?

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »
Suggest only low level potions as well, such as Cure Light and Lesser Restoration.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »
Does it seem to be spamming in all places or is it just in some places that it's particularly bad? Have only been looking at lower end dungeons and didn't see a great problem there.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »
Looks like stock-up time to me.   :mrgreen:

:D

As a main character with a herbalist, I never bothered to have the potions he made sold, but just horded them for personal use. With the insanely high drop rate it'd make taking the herbalist craft a waste of time, I could probably farm for more potions in dungeons then I could herbs to make them and the cost behind that with potion bottles.

As has been suggested, if you separate the potions into your everyday variety (minor, low, mid healing, lesser restoration, etc.) from the speciality potions (invis, improved invis, neg energy pro, etc.), players woulld still have potions available and the herbalists wouldn't get hurt. 

It would then be a win-win. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
The market in brewery right now clearly die and brewers will just end up as hamsters, sitting on their own bunch of potions.

How is that a win-win situations ThAnswr?

I say, potions should be a pretty low loot spawn. Since the enemy would use them in battle...like we do...logically if we should put it that way that they would also stock up on potions. Not like they let us kill them without using them, themselfs.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
The market in brewery right now clearly die and brewers will just end up as hamsters, sitting on their own bunch of potions.

How is that a win-win situations ThAnswr?

I say, potions should be a pretty low loot spawn. Since the enemy would use them in battle...like we do...logically if we should put it that way that they would also stock up on potions. Not like they let us kill them without using them, themselfs.

It would be a win-win if the loot was confined to low-medium spawn of low level potions.  Higher level potions and specialty potions would be solely through herbalists. 

Believe it or not, there really was a game before herbalism.   ;)
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
Yeah. I am for the potions in loot, but strongly believe that the good stuff, the DC 25 and 30 and ability buffs, should be solely available through herbalism.

I can honestly say that herbalism has greatly fueled the dynamics of two of my characters, in totally different ways. I think its a great benefit to the team-work and role-play on the server, and care should be made to tweak until the happy balance is found. Potions of ironguts and bless have been great though. Love seeing them drop.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 11:53:30 PM »
Make them rarer drops of potions that cant be brewed in only rare places where they would be not coffins or rubble but in the Shadow dragons horde, or perhaps the alhoons chest, and,The invidains final coffin. Make them only apear there and make them the upper rare potions like heavenly armor and invincability. No need to have lessers which can be brewed make potions found in dungens Special so you dont kill the herbalists and so people still get thier potions.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 03:34:53 AM »
Alhoon, low to medium spawn (had clay golems), had primarily potions for loot.
Delete Me.

• Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 03:56:38 AM »
This is realy hurting the crafting of potions, I am not sure why we made these changes. If this is going to be a permant change then you need drop the rest of the crafting items as well.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Kaspar

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »
I highly doubt the excessive drop rate of potions was done on purpose.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 07:32:03 AM »
It was just a test this, to replace some of the "durable" items with some consummable ones. It is a bit out of proportions though and I think the feedback we're providing will help to tweak it.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
So far the majority of potions ive found are ones not craftable , bottled black , potion of invunrability & these have been in lower end of the mid level dungeons.

In the low level dungeons Ive found cure light wounds commonly & stat buffers in the "end of area" chests , though they do seem a bit too frequent IMHO.

:thumbup: so far

mayvind

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
damn i dont have time to stock these up mass effect 2 is taking all my free time !

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 08:08:55 AM »
Alright, update 1.71e toned down the amount of potions that will appear in loot. Let's see how it feels like now.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
The improvement is noticed. :) Thanks, soren.
Delete Me.