Author Topic: Reminder: zero tolerance for cybersex  (Read 4277 times)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Reminder: zero tolerance for cybersex
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Okay, we've had no less than 3 incidents this month of graphically descriptive sexual scenes, all from players who've been here long enough to know better. Enough is enough. We're here to provide D&D and gothic horror, not as a place for cybersex. I'm going to quote this section of the rules:

- Anyone caught participating in "cyber-sex" on our server will be permanently banned. There is no hard and fast definition of "cyber-sex".  Rather, let common sense be your guide.  The best way of thinking of it, for Americans, is to consider movie ratings.  Our server is PG-13.  If what you're doing is not PG-13, it's likely too much.   A good rule of thumb is to avoid roleplay of a sexual nature all together, this includes any and all physical intimacy beyond kissing mouth to mouth.   All determinations of what are and are not cyber sex will be left to the discretion of the server admin. Thus, when in doubt, don't do it, or take it to MSN or another chat forum. This is because minors could witness or be sexually harassed, either intentionally or unintentionally, by someone who hereby would be committing sexual crimes - and we do not support that.

As there is absolutely no way we can ever prove if the participants were minors or not, and the legal age is different from country to country, we cannot prove if a minor was involved intentionally or unintentionally - therefore permanent ban.
Note the bolded section--this is important. All three incidences went way beyond this, describing the sexual act in great detail.

I don't care if some other DM or player got away with something in the past, it's not happening on my watch. If you're the kind of person who thinks it's important to roleplay out all the minutiae of intercourse in the talk and/or whisper channel, you don't belong here and you're jeopardizing our server. If we catch anyone in the act, it will be a permanent and irrevocable ban, with absolutely no chance of ever being allowed to play here ever again.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002