Author Topic: Item/Gold drop upon Death  (Read 4338 times)

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
Item/Gold drop upon Death
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »
Can we eliminate this now as it's against the new rules to steal/loot other folks things?  There seems to be no point to the item/gold drop upon death now that you can't steal it.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

nakedxXbeauty

Re: Item/Gold drop upon Death
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »
When did this become against the rules..?

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »
STEALING

- Stealing from other PCs falls under the rules of general PvP

Quoted from the ruling, i interpit as that aslong as you remain considerate, that both players are cool with it, it is ok.

But the fact that this is horror and that if charachters continue to defy another, consequences will eventually follow. And to lose some gold or your shiny weapon is a small price to pay when your attempting to capture another charachter for a bounty, for a plot purpose, for perma death even in some cases...

I see no problem with the current system, aslong as players remain considerate to one another.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »
Taking the things that drop upon death is not against the rules, and especially if you come across the dead corpse randomly. There have been some incidents recently where the players have thought that no one could claim the items and gold as their own, but that is not the case.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »
I kind of like that things drop on death, while it can be annoying to lose 10k it also adds to the risk of dungeoning and encourages people to party together.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »
Indeed. I lost my blade of the cattle yesterday in a event, no complaints here.

As long as the RP is decent, I really don't mind. If some random ran up, hostile, pwned me and stole my gear, then yes I would pissed.

Just us common sense folks and if they guy's/gal's gold/item is garbage or he/she is a noob, then just leave it ;)

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »
I like this system, because you cant just charge in all high and mighty..

Because the good fairy, will indeed, tell you to qwit yer chit, and will cut you.

It makes you think one last time before running off and soloing, because there's a good risk of losing 'your precious.'
Delete Me.

mayvind

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
i want my 150k back .. and that time 90k .. also 80k ..and then years ago that rare stuffs i had ..along with another 50k or more ..... hmm wait i still have 100k in my bank ... well ... silly me i should put all my coins in the bank !!!! ... but iam too lazy so i lost another 89k  to people again ..now i have to loots dungeons again. Oh well is just coins ...

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
i want my 150k back .. and that time 90k .. also 80k ..and then years ago that rare stuffs i had ..along with another 50k or more ..... hmm wait i still have 100k in my bank ... well ... silly me i should put all my coins in the bank !!!! ... but iam too lazy so i lost another 89k  to people again ..now i have to loots dungeons again. Oh well is just coins ...

Hence why, I have always been for, Dropping EVERYTHING upon death.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »

~Rex

The system some MUDs I played in had. I created a lot of OOC conflicts though...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »

~Rex

:cloud9:

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:32 PM »
I remember when we were all corpse-loot griefing each other to no end when we used to have all items dropping on death. I can only imagine the number of player concerns we'd receive on the Community council an-

Kaspar

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 05:45:29 PM »
I remember when we were all corpse-loot griefing each other to no end when we used to have all items dropping on death. I can only imagine the number of player concerns we'd receive on the Community council an-

Fun times~

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
So then is it against the rules or not then to loot a corpse?

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »

It is not against the rules to loot fallen items and gold from a corpse.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
It should be pointed out that while looting a corpse is not against the rules, it may cause a shift in alignment. 

You never know who's watching. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:17 PM »
It should be pointed out that while looting a corpse is not against the rules, it may cause a shift in alignment. 

You never know who's watching. 
I dont think it should its not like its grave robbing. Wouldnt be any different moraly than killing a goblin and looting him for his fangs, or collecting bounty parts from monsters.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:44 AM »
Also looting a corpse cause your char is a thief may be ic but please consider the persons feelings..

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Hmm, we should probably clarify the rules on this. As I imagined it, the rule implies the obvious stealing in cases where the character is around, like fx people snatching items from those that have their stock on display in the Western Outskirts. Snatching someone's items and gold as he is bleeding out or just died probably should be considered the same thing - especially if his allies are about - but when you stumble upon a deserted backpack and items, I feel it should be fair game.

Sounding reasonable?

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Hmm, we should probably clarify the rules on this. As I imagined it, the rule implies the obvious stealing in cases where the character is around, like fx people snatching items from those that have their stock on display in the Western Outskirts. Snatching someone's items and gold as he is bleeding out or just died probably should be considered the same thing - especially if his allies are about - but when you stumble upon a deserted backpack and items, I feel it should be fair game.

Sounding reasonable?

Very. Honestly just put in USE COMMON SENSE! :P

These the guidelines I follow normally:

:arrow: Low level/noob - Leave it, they are probably having enough trouble getting use to the server.

:arrow: Huge Outskirts fight/Huge fight - Leave it, there is so much chaos going on probably, no one wants some jackarse stealing everything on the ground while people fight.

:arrow: Stumble upon random stuff - Take it, if it's in your character to do such a thing. If it looks like "noob/low level stuff" and you really have no use for it, see if someone is around.

:arrow:  Stumble upon bunch of stuff but all ghosts of characters are all still there - Leave/Take. I would if it's IC to do so, but I would send them tell saying all take there gold or try work a agreement so I can stay true IC.

:arrow: High level - ROB THEM BL- *coughs*. Leave/Take. Send a tell to them, most high levels are mature enough players, and most don't mind losing some gold/items. (Which could be small fortune to a lower level)

:arrow: And finally Communication - Everyone knows this, but just sending a tell if you think the player might be upset goes a loooong way.

Some guidelines I normally try and take. Not suggesting this to everyone, just throwing it out there.

~ Chris

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:20:51 AM by Chrisman888 »
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Shadowthrone

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
Gold is really easy to get. Steal my money whenever you like, guys. ;D

(As long as you're willing to face any IC consequences, obviously.)

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »

Sounding reasonable?

Makes sense.   :mrgreen:

I was specifically referencing robbing a corpse (player is still logged in) and not picking up some random item you find. 

My char, being a good aligned cleric, would take the body to the temple for burial, rescue the items and send a tell to the individual that he had them.  He would follow up with a little IC blurb so the DM would know Calor was not robbing the corpse. 

But to repeat what Chris said, it never hurts to send a tell to the player with an explanation.  It goes along way to preventing and solving problems. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »
'tis all IC.

But if I see a Paladin or Goodly character looting a dead guy, there's gonna be hell to pay, y'all.

Kaspar

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
'tis all IC.

But if I see a Paladin or Goodly character looting a dead guy, there's gonna be hell to pay, y'all.

DP checks imo.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
Clearly, looting someone is not really lawful. So there would be alignments shifts like TheAnswer say I am sure.

Looting the dead is not really...morale correct.

And there is a bank for a reason.

When I started out I was always poor since I always ended up unconsious or "dead" needing help all the time and I did not use the bank. I suit myself there :)