Author Topic: Listen rings/necklace - too abundant?  (Read 2149 times)

Shadowthrone

Listen rings/necklace - too abundant?
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
In the last two weeks I have personally found three Jackal's Rings (+5 Listen) and four Lesser Jackal's Rings (+3 Listen), not to mention I saw three Necklace of Ears (+3 Listen) drop in a single Demonologists run.

Isn't this a little excessive? I'm not against this loot appearing in the game, but shouldn't it be rarer? Especially considering Move Silently is the hardest stealth skill to find gear for.

To compare, I've personally only ever seen one of the Hector's Bangles (+4 Spot) rings drop, and that was in Demonologists. Hide is also comparatively easy to get high, considering the availability of Camouflage scrolls.

Has everybody else been finding these items quite common, or have I just been unnaturally lucky?

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Listen rings/necklace - too abundant?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Sounds like too abundant, this is about the frequency of the drops and nothing about the actual balance of the items right? Otherwise it might be best to merge with the discussion on Amplify in combination with the rings of Jackal in the balance discussion. located here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=19149.0

The two are close enough in discussion of balance anyway.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
I thought this should be separate since my concern is the drop rate of the items, rather than the power of the items themselves. Feel free to merge it if you disagree, though.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:09:51 PM »
Anya found two +5 Jackal rings within two days and four +3 lesser Jackal rings in the same amount of time. So yes, I do think that the dropping is a big excessive.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
I've yet to see a single one so far, in vendors or in Pc trades.

Im sure if its toned down now they will slowly come into being without being horded.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:05:01 PM by Mrjunkie »

Aldarris

• Dark Lord
  • The Anti-Stalinist
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »
There's no need for them at all.

Anya, feel free to ask for a refund IC for the ring.  I figured they'd be rarer...[Shrugs]
Figures, Soren's too busy to do something positive.  He thinks putting a smiling face in every message is positivity.

Heretic is a terrible player, always has been.  No wonder PoTM numbers are dwindling *sigh*

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 02:22:14 AM »
There's no need for them at all.

Anya, feel free to ask for a refund IC for the ring.  I figured they'd be rarer...[Shrugs]

As if she wants to talk to Vicho more than she has to lol Im not worried about it Aldy, I use the better version of them now anyway.