You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Alchemy.  (Read 11236 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Alchemy.
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:27:49 AM »
I was recently discussing the Craft with a few people, and have have cme to the conclusion that it is mainly forgotten now.

The ingridients require are completely dependant on spawns, the basic ingridients required for someone to start out are in no abundance so with any luck they may master it in 2-3 (level 15 in the craft) if they spent all their times checking for ingridients and had a lot of luck.

Now that Herbalism has been kind of free'd up thanks to the re-add of potions, may it be an idea to perhaps tone down some of the more frequent dropping herbs and replace them with Alchemy ingridients.
They could then represent, poison ivy, thorn bushes and you can continue these kind of plants as far as your imagination/knoledge of the plant world stretches.

Perhaps adding drops to more creatures, shadowed creatures have always been a kandidate for bottled black, the three hags in the Village could be given hag (tears, heads, hearts) when all three are combined you get the purified Alchemy produce, for each less it weakens.

Broken ones could drop a certain fluid as they are biologiclly mutilated, alhoon ilichor could be used in Alchemy (although it does have plot value), spiders for poison, the options are endless...

It just seems to me that Alchemy was a brief spurt of fun when it was first introduced and now people only do it for ic reasons to master the craft or if they just so happen to come into the ingridients.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:22:55 AM by Mrjunkie »

Pepchko

Re: Alchemy.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
i completely agree, so much that could be utilized. i managed to get the alchemy skill to 20 making strong varnishes. so much more imagination could go into it.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »
Actually, adding more alchemy ingredients is quite high on my current to do list... :)

Ideas for crafting ingredients are muchly welcomed though...

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »
Can we post the ideas here?

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
Can we post the ideas here?

Surely, go ahead... :)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
Poison ivy, Herb.: Lesser Poison.

Spiders poison, depending on CR of spider.: Lesser/concentrated poison.

Serpent venom, greater spider poison: concentrated/greater poison.

Shadow creatures, varying from CR as to how many you use to create: Darkness.

Thistles, Herb: Catadrops.

(nameless), herb: A fickle plant that spreads its seeds by means of the wind, its seeds of noctious nature to avoid seed eating predators. Use: Choking powder.

Vampire hearts: +2 Regeneration for a short period.

Negative energy creatures, depending on CR: 1d4, 1d8, 1d12 negative damage, usable on weapon/throw'able, red glow.

Ghouls/Ghast/Agarat Stomachs: Varying in Dc according to CR, disease on hit. Throw'able usable on weapon after dilution and purification.

Wight, Barrow Wight, Slaughter Wight (unsure on what organ they use to feed, but that): Depending on CR to the Dc, level drain on hit, touch attack/throw'able.

Apparation, Wraith, Spectre: Fear, DC depending on CR.

More to come when i have the time.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
Spiders poison, depending on CR of spider.: Lesser/concentrated poison.
Gods, yes please.  :twisted: :spider:
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »
Alchemical ingredients heh? Goblyns tongue, Lysara witch nails...Elk's eye, snakes skin, Blood of vistani, ;)

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
Eye of newt? Wing of bat? They're like... classics or something.  :lol:

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
Eye of newt? Wing of bat? They're like... classics or something.  :lol:
You think thats classic how about some fat from unbaptized children for flying potions, not only do you get to fly but you can get your very own DP to go with the drop.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »
Acid Leech (throwable single target) = A large glob from a pudding a green slime and a grave ooze (3 of each), dc 12 to destroy a weapon, Reflex save

Sundering Fire (bomb) = Ashes from a major demon miner and lesser along with a demon heart, 3d10 fire bomb which lowers your str due to massive burns.
dc 14 for str drop, fortitude save

Sapping Electric (bomb) = Will o wisp, Will o deep dust (3 of each), 2d10 electric bomb which lowers intelligence and dex due to the exterme shock slowly your limbs and your mind in agnoising pain. dc 12 for dex and int drop, fortitude save

Crippling Sonics (bomb) = The voice box of a mobat,doombat,carrion bat along with the essance of slow shadows (2 of each), 1d10 sonic bomb which deafens and blinds until you rest dc 16 reflex save

Stone Net (Throwable) = Two gargoly hides, You are intengaled in a heavy substance created by a gargolys skin it binds and slows to the point at which you cannot move, Also it feel like getting hit with a rock wall throwing you off your feet. 50% chance of Slow,15% of knockdown , 10% chance of stun DC 20 for dicp to avoid the slow or knockdown. DC 16 Will save to avoid being stunned, It also should wiegh about 5 pounds due to it being a net practily.

Just a few ideas let me know whatcha think!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:36:25 PM by Larcen Vos »

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »
Not strictly related to alchemy but something I thought of. What of being able to brew various drinks, ie wines, tsukia, and so forth to be able to sell or something of that nature.?

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
would makeing wine really be worth the effort of a few coins?

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »

Roleplay potential.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Yup that was the idea to add to rp, nothing major just a small way to add to rp. *nods*

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »

Roleplay potential.

Quite the RP potential. And quite the money making potential if done right, there are other wine makers on the servers, albeit NPC's but they are still there.

LadyDragn

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
Wouldn't wine making fall under herbalism though?

I mean, would someone really want to ingest resin or other alchemical componants that are used for alchemy? Just curious :)

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 01:43:49 AM »
Actually I'd love the idea of making spirits...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 08:36:41 AM »
Acid Leech (throwable single target) = A large glob from a pudding a green slime and a grave ooze (3 of each), dc 12 to destroy a weapon, Reflex save

Sundering Fire (bomb) = Ashes from a major demon miner and lesser along with a demon heart, 3d10 fire bomb which lowers your str due to massive burns.
dc 14 for str drop, fortitude save

Sapping Electric (bomb) = Will o wisp, Will o deep dust (3 of each), 2d10 electric bomb which lowers intelligence and dex due to the exterme shock slowly your limbs and your mind in agnoising pain. dc 12 for dex and int drop, fortitude save

Crippling Sonics (bomb) = The voice box of a mobat,doombat,carrion bat along with the essance of slow shadows (2 of each), 1d10 sonic bomb which deafens and blinds until you rest dc 16 reflex save

Stone Net (Throwable) = Two gargoly hides, You are intengaled in a heavy substance created by a gargolys skin it binds and slows to the point at which you cannot move, Also it feel like getting hit with a rock wall throwing you off your feet. 50% chance of Slow,15% of knockdown , 10% chance of stun DC 20 for dicp to avoid the slow or knockdown. DC 16 Will save to avoid being stunned, It also should wiegh about 5 pounds due to it being a net practily.

Just a few ideas let me know whatcha think!
No one really sad anything lol, So everyone fine with these items have I made the dare I say it perfect item with no fault? or are you lot just lazy? lol

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »
Is it just me is or spawns for oozes only like two places?

I am finding it hard to collect enough ingredients to make 1 or 2 .

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »
Well thiers the cave, and um.. The cave? And the one cave.. Ya slimes are kinda limited to caves.. and maybe they sould throw a few more into certain areas in the sewers?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 09:51:26 AM »
slimes are in various locations...

Dvergeheim caves, variable caves, the giant square in the sewers, a few other locations that are somewhat hidden... etc

also you can get fiery mandibles from the scarabs

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »
slimes are in various locations...

Dvergeheim caves, variable caves, the giant square in the sewers, a few other locations that are somewhat hidden... etc

also you can get fiery mandibles from the scarabs

Oh scarabs drop them. Never knew that.

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »
Graveoozes: Varying from size vs CR and useable Dc, Paralyse on hit. Useable as throw'able flask/used on weapon.

Essence of Rust: This corrosive residue of  metal can be manipulated and purified by those few that know how, depending on CR of the Rust Being, -X Amoun of Ac for temporary amount of time. When used, the bright orange fluid sets onto the opponents armour making it harder for them to move within the armour, more importantlyy, its more difficult for them to defend themselves.

Flash Powder, no idea for creatures to drop yet, awaiting inspiration, Dc according to CR, Temporary Blindness.

Sonic Blast, the ectoplasm of a shrieking banshee was first discoverd by a daring Alchemist tucked away in the Forgotten Realms, after manyer failed attempt, when he did finally succeed, his excitement got the better of him and he let slip his new creation.
As it plummeted to the ground and he began to utter the words ''Noo-'' that was the final time he ever heard his own voice, what he created was to powerfull. But the Recipe proved usefull and was passed down after their death grandfather finally passed away after years of gibbering. Now most Alchemists know to not make their produces to powerfull, as accidents..do happen.

//quoted, we need this! Alchemist's Mercy 1GP DC 10 Dragon Magazine 280 pg 51
A fine powder that, when mised with juice or water and consumed, eliminates the effects of a hangover.

More to come...hands are frozen atm..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:40:21 AM by Mrjunkie »

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:12:44 PM »
Hey, let people explore some too, its more fun? :D