You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Elton Belovich  (Read 1361 times)

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
Elton Belovich
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
Awaking again in a damp dark room, the only sounds are the flies buzzing, water dripping, and the snores of the barbarian. His crusty eyes scan the room, inky black shapes become more detailed as his eyes adjust to the darkness again. "There are at least a dozen of them." He thinks, looking over the bodies in the cell. Each of them a varying levels of decay, and none pleasant.

"No one has come since Leo left us here" he thought. "Perhaps he means for us to die here, like these others".

The bodies that littered the room were gaunt and festering with maggots. His empty stomach rumbled loudly as he was reminded of something Kayne had said a they day they were put in here, "We'll likely die of disease here". He shook his head "Thirst and starvation will take us long before that.".

Suddenly he remembered "Kayne!" he thought, "Where is that stick?" patting blindly at the area around him searching. His hand touches something wet, slick and cold on the dark floor, then lands on a hard grainy shaft of wood. Clutching the cudgel to his chest thanking no one in particular. He knew he may need this, he didn't trust the Barbarian in his cell one bit.

So he sat in the dark, gripping the cudgel tight, and eying the dark snoring mound on the floor with distrust.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:08:03 PM by Roose »
Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
Re: Elton Belovich
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:15:20 AM »
Elton remained hunched over, hands on his knees. He coughed and spit out a little more bile, straining to catch his breath. He had eaten far to much, and it had not sat well in his stomach still recovering from his days of starvation. "Or maybe it was the whiskey" he thought. He had given up the stronger spirits over a year ago but after his captivity it had been a comfort to hide in a bottle. He took a deep breath and lurched upright. Pulling a square of linen from a pocket he wiped his beard, once again befouled.

The sun was setting and he was alone behind the Broken Bell. He staggered on unsteady feet, not sure if he was drunk, or just weak from his captivity. Either way it was getting late and he knew he'd best not linger outdoors. He wasn't ready to return to the citadel, he knew once there he'd need to write his report and ansewer questions. The thought of reliving the memories at this moment almost made him wretch again.

The Broken Bell wasn't exactly a welcoming place for him either these days. To many bad memories, and to many people he hadn't seen in so long. He dreaded seeing Eliza's face, or worse, Ruxandra. "I'm to old and set in my ways. I can nu stand explaining myself to these domnas all the time" he thought bitterly. He had never felt comfortable they way they had fluttered around him when he was wounded or in need.

So with that he turned away from the Bell and lurched off towards the slums. When he decided he was headed to Tigan's he knew he was infact drunk.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:50:53 AM »
Elton's hands ached. He was hardly able to hold the quill, hovering over the name Varmathus Vonovich - Lance Corporal. He knew he needed to remove the name of his old friend from the roster, but he couldn't bring his bruised and swollen hand to do the task. He sat there staring at the name.
He remembered Varmathus, from his first days in the Garda, the fat bearded man and he had been fast friends. There were countless times that the two of them had patrolled, and Varmathus was always there to lend and ear in the early day's of Elton's career. Until Varmathus had to much, and had left when Iorgovan had thought to retire.

Elton put down the quill and gingerly rubbed his hands together. The knuckles were bruised, and his hands still throbbed from the beating he had given that outlander. He had received the head of Varmathus in a basket that morning, and all day he was in a daze. He had walked to the market to buy some candles to leave on the walls in memory of his old friend. Somehow the simple errand had taken him hours, wondering the streets of the Grey City. Somewhere along the way he crossed paths with an outlander, who tried to question him about some law.. Elton had shruged him off but the man was insistant, pulling at Elton's cloak to get his attention.

He thought his hands may be broken. "The outlander surely suffered some broken bones." he thought.

Elton had convinced Varmathus, to come out of retirement, to come back to the Garda. He had needed his old friend with him again. Varmathus, being the good friend he always had been, agreed. "If I hadn't twisted Varmathus' arm, he would never have met this end." He had been thinking this when the tug at his cloak came. All the pain and anger had just poured out of him on the outlander. In a flash he hand pulled the man to the ground and hit him and hit him. He had no idea how many times he struck the man, or if he was still alive, he didn't even know the man's name or what he wanted. He felt small, nothing he had, nothing he achieved, meant anything. He trudged on to his errand afterward, leaving the outlander broken, and bleeding in the snow. The merchant had balked at Elton's blood splatted armor, but provided him with the requested candles none the less.

--

Varmathus Vonovich - Lance Corporal. Elton's swollen hand shook, as he hardened his heart, and drew a thin line through the name of his last friend. "Killed in the line of duty" He wrote after.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »
[Insight into Elton's head]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvsvbc1yC8

((I know this is a different sort of bio entry but I feel it's fitting of Elton's current state))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:48:18 AM by Roose »

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »
Krofburg Garda Report:

Month 6 day 20:

Assisted the widow Cozma re-thatch her roof. Should keep the water out as this snow begins to melt.

Nothing further to report.

-Corporal Elton Belovich.

Month 6 day 22:

Farmer Lucescu tells me he believes someone is filching apples from his orchard. I took a look around and indeed you could see there were a few trees prematurly picked.
No leads, but I suspect it's the Puravet family's eldest son. The lad will be thirteen come next winter and already has a record of snagging pies from the Billy's storage cellar.

-Corporal Elton Belovich

Month 6 day 24:

I recieved a returned letter from Gert Addams from the Vallaki Morning Lord cultists. He says our new town resedent Istavan Donner isn't a member of the Morning Lord sect, and in no way authorised to be making claims he is, or speaks for them. I though the man was harmless enough. I wonder what he's really doing here, and why he lied to me. I intend to find out.

-Corporal Elton Belovich

Month 6 day 25:

Nothing to report.

-Corporal Elton Belovich

Month 6 day 26:

A wagon was stuck in the mud today, helped to push it free. This rain is turning the ground into a bog.

-Corporal Elton Belovich

Month 6 day 27:

Private Pirvu told me he saw a bear just outside town. I went to see, and make sure it stayed away from the goats. Turned out to be a pile of rocks and Moss.

-Corporal Elton Belovich