You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Outer Characteristics  (Read 3639 times)

Lockleed

Re: Outer Characteristics
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
I already said in my post that Zombie Hide had a charisma penalty!  Sheesh.  And yes, I can read well enough to tell it was intended toward regional perceptions of individuals.  Same as seeing a pistol in Barovia should automatically set the guards into "arrest that man!" mode, yet I do believe I could wave one in front of a gaurd NPC's face without them blinking.  But that would be poor RP and realism on my part, just using that to illustrate the point of system vs. reality.

Its a solid idea, outcast rating based off items, though PotM may not be a good setting for that kind of idea.  Implementation is easy.  I'll probably design my own for my own side projects.

Whether or not its suitable for PotM, thats up to the developers here.  Kill its application, don't kill the idea.

EDIT : Sorry about that, snappish.  Anyway, its off topic, and I feel hounded by Ecco without her even being around to hound me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:42:40 PM by Lockleed »

hi-di-ho

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
Another question: what would be considered blatantly obvious characteristics that would make a character disliked by the natives of Barovia? 

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »
Another question: what would be considered blatantly obvious characteristics that would make a character disliked by the natives of Barovia? 

Disliked?

I'd imagine 'not being Barovian' would be a good start. :P

It kind of ranges from anything freakish. Religious robes, being a disliked race (I think Hins are seen as thieves, Dwarves are seen as dirty mountain people, and elves are seen as baby eating devil worshippers), open magicuser, odd colour hair, homosexuality, etc etc.