Author Topic: *BUMP* Zalaph and his treasure  (Read 5277 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: *BUMP* Zalaph and his treasure
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »
He doesnt need HIPS. IF a DM posses him, in combat, the party will die. There isn't an IF, there.

If a DM posseses him the party wont necessarily die. You, as a DM, have the power to decide what the story will be with a possesed Zelaph. If you want to have a story where you generate a party-wipe; which ends roleplay; then it will most likely occur given the arsenal the creature posseses. There's ways to handle Zelaph with a party of less strength for it to remain a good experience without resulting to a party wipe. That's where shift and focus comes on storytelling - for DM's or players, PvP or (dm)PvM which causes an onslaught often ends roleplay, and does not further it, causing frustration more often than not. Speaking for the multiple times I've handled Zelaph, I've never party wipes, hells; sometimes I can't even emote and the dragon is dead with massive parties.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »
Hehe. Never said I'd purposely party whipe. ^^.   After all, you only get negativity from that. It'd be fun to use his actual story, and purpose, though.  Great fun. :)

P.S..

I wonder how many actually know his story?   Might have to consider doing that on occasion. :)
Delete Me.

failed.bard

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »
Hehe. Never said I'd purposely party whipe. ^^.   After all, you only get negativity from that. It'd be fun to use his actual story, and purpose, though.  Great fun. :)

P.S..

I wonder how many actually know his story?   Might have to consider doing that on occasion. :)

The alhoons lore pillars used to offer a version of the dragons story.  Any character over a year and a half old knows it, I think.

Aldarris

• Dark Lord
  • The Anti-Stalinist
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
Zalaph can be killed in two rounds.  DM posessed or not.  By a SINGLE PC.  8)

I'd say with that piece of info, having him HIPS would increase his survivability.
Figures, Soren's too busy to do something positive.  He thinks putting a smiling face in every message is positivity.

Heretic is a terrible player, always has been.  No wonder PoTM numbers are dwindling *sigh*

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
He doesnt need HIPS. IF a DM posses him, in combat, the party will die. There isn't an IF, there.

If a DM posseses him the party wont necessarily die. You, as a DM, have the power to decide what the story will be with a possesed Zelaph. If you want to have a story where you generate a party-wipe; which ends roleplay; then it will most likely occur given the arsenal the creature posseses. There's ways to handle Zelaph with a party of less strength for it to remain a good experience without resulting to a party wipe. That's where shift and focus comes on storytelling - for DM's or players, PvP or (dm)PvM which causes an onslaught often ends roleplay, and does not further it, causing frustration more often than not. Speaking for the multiple times I've handled Zelaph, I've never party wipes, hells; sometimes I can't even emote and the dragon is dead with massive parties.

I'm falling in love with Heretic all over again.  :love:

On a seperate note some frustration I just had in the Shadow Caves while mining coal was having 20 mobs that were no where near where I was run up to me and start attacking.  Being a former DM I'm somewhat familar with what might have happened but would hope that wasn't the case.  If I had got an emote, "Your hammering has brought some unwanted attention." that would have been awesome but just to select a group of mobs and have them attack is sorta lame IMO.  That is if that was indeed the case, if not then maybe a bug in the script.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

I'm falling in love with Heretic all over again.  :love:

On a seperate note some frustration I just had in the Shadow Caves while mining coal was having 20 mobs that were no where near where I was run up to me and start attacking.  Being a former DM I'm somewhat familar with what might have happened but would hope that wasn't the case.  If I had got an emote, "Your hammering has brought some unwanted attention." that would have been awesome but just to select a group of mobs and have them attack is sorta lame IMO.  That is if that was indeed the case, if not then maybe a bug in the script.

Shoot, I'm even starting to like him.   :lol:

**all in fun**
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz