Author Topic: Complaints and Screenshots  (Read 9396 times)

Midnight

Complaints and Screenshots
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »
I can't express this enough, if you have any problems with how a situation is handled in game, or think that you were dealt with unfairly with regards to a PvP or other IC event, then please take a screenshot.

If someone is harassing you in tells, take a screenshot and I assure you the person will be dealt with.  It is the best way for us as DM's to view a situation and take any action with proof.  If we don't have proof of a violation, there's not a whole lot that we can do about it except having a talk with the player.

We're not here to lord over and dictate your playing experience, nor are we simply here to chase after every complaint without proof and hunt people down until they log on so we can question them, only to have them give us an excuse as to why they did what...  We want the game to be fun for everyone (and this includes us  :wink: ), so helping out with a screenshot to show a situation along with some written information of what occured will do much in helping us help you.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:06:10 PM by DM Treason »

hempiestad

Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:14 PM »
for those who might not know how, (this includes myself) how does one take a screen shot, and then retrive it afterwards ?
my hunch is print screen, but is there a file these are saved in?

thank you

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:21:56 PM »
Yep, it's the print screen button. The game saves it as a .tga file in your default Neverwinter Nights directory (typically C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN). You can then use an image editing program to convert the .tga file to a .jpg then upload it to a free website such as imageshack to host.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Negnar

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:18:26 AM »
Alot of people have been asking me how to take screenies to report bugs, show  funny stuff or show how much their buddy cusses when they're drunk.

So this is the definitive guide to taking NWN screenshots!

• Press Print Screen on your keyboard. This will take a direct image capture of everything on your NWN screen. The screen will jerk a bit (as taking a 1-2 meg screenshot can be system intensive) to indicate it's done.
  • The file will be saved to your NWN directory; generally c:\Program Files\NWN under the filename of "NWN###.tga".
  • To open .tga files, you will need Irfanview. Get it and install it.
  • The .tga files are now openable - to select a portion of the screenie, highlight it with your mouse like you are selecting a group of icons on your desktop (c'mon, this ain't hard).
  • Copy and paste the selected portion and save it as a .jpg for ease of transfer. Bingo, instant screenshot.[/list:u]

That's it, really. Simple. Now you too can be part of the screenshot craze!  :wink:

Edit: And heres the image host I tend to use 99% of the time: http://imageshack.us/

Midnight

Re: Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
I'll sticky this as a reminder.

Of late, I've noticed many complaints have been filed with a lack of screenshot evidence.  If there is a situation or a violation against you, be it from a player or a DM, you must take screenshots as proof of what you claim.  This isn't because we don't trust you - I'm even held to that standard with any situations that I bring before the team that require any action against a player (be it cheating, bug exploits or abuse, etc.).  It is simply a way to ensure impartiality to an accusation or grievance, and reveal the actual situation (instead of only a one sided interpretation of that situation, or a game of "he said, she said").

Very little can be done by the DM team without solid proof.  If, even after Negnar's little tutorial, you still are having a hard time creating a screenshot - hit the print screen button, go to your NWN folder and take out the tga file, mail it to me or another DM/Community Council member and we will take care of getting it visible as evidence. 

The process is really a very easy one, and saves time and trouble for all involved.

Thanks for your time.