You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Black Tentacle Spell Still Way Overpowered  (Read 8011 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Re: Black Tentacle Spell Still Way Overpowered
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
Ohh...negative energy burst spam would be disastrous. :O ....healing them 'and' giving them +2 strength for each burst.

You should make them use such tactics.  :Yes_by_rizlafiend:

Aldarris

• Dark Lord
  • The Anti-Stalinist
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 01:26:44 AM »
Instead of cheese.  Although, I like the edibble kind of cheese.

Nom.
Figures, Soren's too busy to do something positive.  He thinks putting a smiling face in every message is positivity.

Heretic is a terrible player, always has been.  No wonder PoTM numbers are dwindling *sigh*

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
just to be clear here, everyone that says the spell is fine has a caster and uses the spell often vs monsters right?

vamp crypt....i mean comon a little bit of tacktiks are needed everywhere lure hit draw back lure counter win.

its dooable with all types of classes.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
I say its fine, and play a straight rogue with as low of a fort and will save that you can have at level 13.  She is nearly instakilled by Evard's black tentacles if i don't freedom of movement before-hand. And the spell is still balanced perfectly in my view.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

failed.bard

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 02:11:57 AM »
  Only succubus, erinyse, and vampire sorceresses cast evard's that I've seen, and they only appear in certain areas.  Since teh spell can be countered by other spells of equal or lower levels, plus is subject to dispel magic, the spell itself isn't an issue.

Since it's technically a summons, the ability to stack them should be considered balance wise, and the number of them that the vampire sorceresses have shoud be checked to see if it's appropriate for their level.  Erinyes and succubus have three each only.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 02:33:42 AM »
umm I have had succomb and eryies cover the entire floor with them... and well when you have dr it isnt really an issue but then you have to drag everyone else back up.

failed.bard

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:13 AM »
umm I have had succomb and eryies cover the entire floor with them... and well when you have dr it isnt really an issue but then you have to drag everyone else back up.
   They can cast three each.