Author Topic: Nerfed True Seeing Potions/Items.  (Read 2274 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Nerfed True Seeing Potions/Items.
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »
So far as i've seen the true seeing potions, gloaming candles and seeing stones (have to double check the seeing stones) are nerfed to only see invis with the 15m radious of light.
They lack the skill bonus to spot/search wich is quite a shame for those few spot builds who rarely or dont use scrolls.
It also makes the potions hardly worth it in comparrison to the 'Potions of Revealing' as all thats added is the 15m blue light radius.
At twice the cost of a revealing potion, is the true sight potion worth it?

engelfire

• Dark Power
Re: Nerfed True Seeing Potions/Items.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »
i dont mind that. imo you shouldnt get as good effect from items or potions as you would get from the real thing, the spell.

whole herbalism as a craft is bit silly anyway
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:40 AM »
Blastphemy! Dont trust the scani's, they eat Hakarl! It goes to their head :sick:

True, as herbalism is often done by rangers/clerics/druids i would imagine they would have little knoledge on the true spell as if they did get it as a spell, it would be a gift of their god/nature.

Perhaps implementable via Alchemy :plotting:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:41:48 AM by Mrjunkie »

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:05:20 AM »
Why wouldn't Druids have knowledge of creating a true spell from nature?  :?

Anyway, are you sure that it's working like this? If so, it should really be fixed to give proper True Seeing effects. See Invisibility with blue light isn't much help.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
I think you are mistaken, Junkie?

They should add +9 to your spot and search, as they cast level 9 true seeing.  They won't add to your spot if you drink Clairaudience and Clairvoyance first, though.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
true seeing potions are great, they boost spot and search too. I still would rather have them then see invisibility any day.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

They should add +9 to your spot and search, as they cast level 9 true seeing.  They won't add to your spot if you drink Clairaudience and Clairvoyance first, though.

Hrm, that may well be it, i may have jumped the gun, gonna test it further....*rubs off to his diabolical labratory*

But if so, should clearvoiance/TS stack just like the spells do?

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
Why wouldn't Druids have knowledge of creating a true spell from nature?  :?

Well its just my opinion but herbalism at the moment is rather unbalanced craft. It gives too good benefits. The way i see herbalism is that you should be able to make very basic healing potions only, maybe lesser restorations and some cure diseases. All those nagative protections, true seeings, see invises.. all those are way too potent for that craft.

And since absolutely everyone uses all those spells through herbalism, its easy for native to say "chillax man, its natural to see invisible people becouse its given by nature!"

Its just plain wrong imo, Now thanks to herbalism every character has a invisible multiclass on them, cleric. Although its low lv version its still there.

What i would rather like to see from herbalism is that it would give some unique effects, something we cant get from spells, something creative and new. Alchemy is basicly a step in the good direction, we get better and unique varnishes on the weapons and neat granades. Dont know if theres anything else on alchemy
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »

Hrm, that may well be it, i may have jumped the gun, gonna test it further....*rubs off to his diabolical labratory*

But if so, should clearvoiance/TS stack just like the spells do?

They deliberately do not stack, as Clairvoyance + level 20 True Seeing is an instant +30 to spot... that would be too unfair for the sneaks.  At least I think that was the reasoning behind it.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »
No. Herbalism, beyond the healing stuff, is witchery to the Barovians. It doesn't matter that you use natural ingredients, you're still bringing about unnatural effects with them. Hence, witchery. Besides, as (I believe it was) Blue has said before, nothing says WITCH like standing over a cauldron brewing potions.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 06:43:08 PM »
I've never said that -_-;

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »

It was Soren who said that about the cauldron before.  The things we remember.

:mrgreen:

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »
Poor blue, When in doubt remeber Prisoner to always blame EO