Author Topic: The Thoughts and Findings of Sabina Stanescu  (Read 865 times)

FallingStars

• New to the Mists
The Thoughts and Findings of Sabina Stanescu
« on: December 14, 2009, 12:51:44 AM »
After arriving at the Broken Bell Inn she eats a quick meal and makes her way upstairs.  She quickly becomes acquainted with one of the small, cozy rooms.  She opens her brown leather bag and lays out the numerous medical tools.  After taking care to ensure that each one is there, she repacks the bag.  From her traveling bag she removes a large patchwork quilt and lays it over the bed.  A number of beeswax candles are placed around the room.  She opens a bottle of ink and dips her quill inside.  A newly bound leather book is retrieved from her bag.  She opens it and presses down the center crease, dipping her quill into the ink and writing her thoughts...

Logbook: Day 1-Arrival in Vallaki
I arrived early this morning at the Broken Bell Inn.  The journey was treacherous and took me through the night.  There were times I feared for my life, and I felt more than foolish that I had moved so slowly to be caught in such a predicament.  None the less, I made the journey in one piece.  The inn is small and comfortable; it reminds me of home.  I miss mother and father, and I will write to them just after I get some rest.  The trip took it's toll on my body, and my energy is low.  My back and feet hurt from the walking, and carrying my few belongings alone. 

The patrons of the inn were friendly enough.  They welcomed me with.... well, small smiles. I spoke to the innkeeper.  He assured me that Doctor Larcen was indeed staying here at this very inn.  I'm nervous to speak to him.  He may think me foolish or perhaps even naive.  None the less, I will do all I can to prove to him that I am willing and interested in helping and larning from him.  My time in the Village learning midwifery from my mother will be beneficial.  Perhaps I too can teach him of things he is not certain of. 

I will rest now and in the morning explore the city itself.  I need to familiarize myself with shops which sell materials that could be useful to me.  It will be important to familiarize myself with those who live here in this very inn.  I will need their insight on finding clients and learning more of the city itself. 

She closes the leather book and crawls into bed, staring out the window at the large, milky moon.  Her eyes drift shut and she falls into a deep slumber, her thoughts and concerns fading from her mind as she sleeps peacefully after her long trek to Vallaki.