You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Searching For a Way Out  (Read 857 times)

nakedxXbeauty

Searching For a Way Out
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »
Madame Keja-One of the first individuals I met.  She is a gypsy, and seemed to be some type of leader.  She performed a "reading" for me.  This involved cards, explanations, and an application of said cards to myself; past, present, and future.  The berserker card was used to represent me.  True, I suppose.  At least in my former home.... The next card, the card of my past was what she called the card of the ghost.  She said it was a reminder that our pasts were always with us, even when we feel we have left them behind.  A comfort to hear, really.  The next card she said was that which opposed me.  It was a frightening card.  A skeletal rider and his damned horse.  Calamity and grave danger await me.  Wonderful.  The next card was a representation of my future.  The card of the temptress.  She said that, in essence, I will be shown temptations and feel the urge to turn away from the things I value most.  What a load of crap.  My final card was that of friends and allies.  I don't know what she means by this, really.... my family, friends, and loved ones are in Erithorn...  She told me to visit the city of grey.  Strange woman, this Madame Keja.  I'm not sure how I feel about the information she has offered me...

Petre-A gypsy man living in the same camp as Madame Keja.  He is a bit harsh, but easy to do business with.  He also buys the pelts of mink, and will pay generous coins for them.  For now, this sticks out as the only form of income I am capable of attaining... The camp where the live is safe.  I stayed here my first night, curled up by the fire, listening to the quiet sound of drums.  They don't seem surprised at my presence, or even the way in which I came to be here...  I must learn more of these abducting mists.

Kirah'Fayde-An elven woman who seems to be just as lost as I.  We met at the gypsy camp.  She was abducted by the mists the same as I, and has no recognition of this place that we are in.  Her past is clear to her still, and she seems quite calm and collected.  We departed the camp together in search of this grey city.  We met a man who informed us that we were in a city called Vallaki.  He also told us that we were very, very far from our homes... We were told that the mists had taken us from our homes and brought us here to Vallaki. 

Kith, Lard, Grunli-Three men whom we met in the Outskirts of the city Vallaki. They were well informed on our situation, and informed us that we will not be able to return home.  They showed us the forest, the Elven City, and also a haunted monastery.  They told us that spellcasting is frowned upon, the people are superstitious, and were-creatures and vampires roam the night... Stay inside at night, and avoid the guards. 

To Earn Coin-Pick herbs, kill mink, hunt rats, sell hides, or kill beetles. 

The Haunted Monastery-It is located far south from the Outskirts of the city Vallaki.  There are huge, ferocious spiders surrounding the exterior of this ruined building.  The road leading up is dark and dangerous.  It is surrounded by barricades... Inside, it is darkly lit.  There are ghosts of sorts which guard the place.  They are extremely dangerous and difficult to.... kill.  Can you really kill a ghost? 

Note to self:  It is not illegal to wear a hood in Vallaki, unless you refuse to do a "hood check" if asked by the guards.. be wary of those wielding magic.  It is frowned upon by the populace, yet it seems to be quite prevalent none the less...