You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Cavitius Domain - The Burning Peaks  (Read 2505 times)

Abnormal Gravity

• New to the Mists
Cavitius Domain - The Burning Peaks
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
Since this is my first post in the forum i would like to say hello to everyone  :)

Sources i found describing this domain : Domains of Dread, Vecna Reborn

So, Cavitius is the domain that Vecna is supposed to be held captive by the dark powers.

The first question is..does this domain still exist or did Vecna manage to break free and go about his way since i haven't seen the domain or the cluster mentioned. (Well not in the About The World or Native PC Thread)

Then, i read in a thread in the roleplay sources about the Cult of Vecna saying that you have to multiclass to a mage to become a priest of Vecna. Reading about Cavitius it is mentioned that Vecna forbids the use of magic with the punishment being death, and the only ones that can use magic is his priests that draw it from worship.

Cultural level seems to be Medieval and the language Oerth Common, however i am not sure i read anything about currency.

Anyway. Bottomline, thoughts, other things known about this domain, i guess if it does not even exist then further discussion will be futile

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Cavitius Domain - The Burning Peaks
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Vecna broke free of this domain in the events of the module Die, Vecna, Die!, one of the very last (if not THE last) 2nd edition modules produced before the 3rd edition was released. In the module, Vecna ascended past being a demigod into true godhood, thus breaking free of the demiplane and dissolving his and Kas' domains in the process. These events occured around 755 or so of the Barovian calender, and the current year is 763.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
Re: Cavitius Domain - The Burning Peaks
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
Yeah, Cavitus ceased to exist. But you can anyways play a priest of Vecna of course or some weird follower of this god. The thread in the resource section should just give you some possible ideas of how you could play such a character.

Also - as the domain just stopped existing not too long ago - if you play some old character - he could still be from Cavitus and have already spent some time in Barovia as you start him as your new character.